Weirdest Craving Ever...

Options
Today I was walking around at work, and suddenly thought to myself, "Mmm, a turkey sandwich with lettuce and mayonnaise sounds fantastic right now!"

... I know at first, this doesn't sound weird, but then I realized that I do not like mayonnaise!! At all!! I have never liked the taste of mayonnaise, the look of mayonnaise, the smell of mayonnaise. Why, all of a sudden, did I crave it?? It makes no sense! I have never, in my 25 years of existence, wanted mayo to be a part of any meal/snack/etc!

Has this ever happened to anyone?? What could be the reasoning behind it? (And no, I'm not pregnant - And I know this for sure because last time I checked, you had to have sex to get pregnant :wink: )

Replies

• SickofBeingChub
    Options
    well i crave mayo on a daily basis... its amazing.
  • wilksk
    wilksk Posts: 2
    Options
    I have also been craving mayo. Had a sandwich slathered in light Hellmanns. Just read online it may be because I'm not eating enough fat in my diet. Also craving peanut butter.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Weirdest craving huh?

Hows this for weird cravings....I put jelly on my pizza last night. It was damn good.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have also been craving mayo. Had a sandwich slathered in light Hellmanns. Just read online it may be because I'm not eating enough fat in my diet. Also craving peanut butter.

I too have been craving peanut butter...on a daily basis.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I craved a vodka martini oncw and I hate vodka I craved it so bad I tried one......blech. Stay away from the mayo if you do not like it craving it will not make you like it.
  • L4GFOREVER
    Options
    I hate mayo, Tastes like oil!! EWWWW:noway:
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I was watching this one cooking show and they made vanilla cupcakes with strawberries on top then drizzled with a balsamic compote. After that I darted to my fridge and took a bite out of a juicy strawberry and a swig on balsamic. Didnt taste good, didnt taste bad. Tasted like strawberry balsamic.