Jeans for curvy women? (UK)

Options
I got some Levi's and they are nothing like I remember!

I'd got to 31" waist and wanted to be 30 " so got some 30" waist and when they come they don't fasten around waist they are only designed to come just over the hip.. my tummy is still 35 " at the point where they are meant to fasten... dunno why they call them 30" waist when they are hipster style!

so I still feel really fat, but my Evans jeans size 18 ones are miles too big and my belt is on the last hole. I want to get out of Evans jeans, I asked about some GAP jeans on eBay and woman said they were mid-rise and measured 8" from crotch.. well the Levis' are 12 " from crotch (I assumed she meant top of waistband and they don't fit.

Does anyone make jeans that fasten around your ACTUAL waist anymore? I'm confused by this terms low-rise, mid-rise etc they mean nothing to me are these all the ones that fasten around hips? (sorry showing my age here! :blushing:)

Should I still be getting elasticated Jeans for the bigger woman? surely not all jeans are designed for people stick thin and straight up and down? .. any for the curvy woman? (other than Evans)

Edit: looking on eBay under 'high rise' but still they are fastening under the belly button which is the tummy?.. I thought my waist was smallest part where body curves in like hourglass?

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'll just go back to elasticated leggings for bigger women :sad: I must have body dysmorphia and be thinking I've got thinner cos I lost 2 and half stone! .. wonder if I can fit in a 14 if they're elasticated?.. I have 2 pairs 16's smart trousers with fitted waistband and they are getting a little baggy around the waist (though they actually do fasten AT THE WAIST! )

remind me again.. my waist is the smallest bit where body curves in ABOVE belly button?
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have that problem, so I shop in River Island. Their Bootcut jeans are the best. They fasten up where you want them too. Ive worn them at size 18 and now a size 14 (well put on weight so now a '15') and they are just as good. Highly recommend em xxx
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok, according to the Littlewoods catalogue Levi's now do jeans in differing shapes. They have slight curve, demi curve and bold curve. Here is a link:

http://www.littlewoods.com/women/levi/jeans/e/b/1682,5680/s/bestsellers,0.end?trail=1589-1682-5680

Not sure if this will help but the nice thing about catalogues is you can always order a few sizes to try on and then return the ones that don't fit.
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was about to say River Island jeans are amazing fit. I think the sizes come up a little big as well, always good for a cheeky confidence boost!
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Try search high waisted jeans and see what you think.
    To be honest i'm not much of a fan but i've had a pair and they fasten up past the belly button
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend infroms me that to get the 'normal' waisted ones you need to look for Mid-rise and from some brands, High-Waisted jeans. This is news to me.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    gap do a jeans range called curvy which is supposed to be mid rise
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Dorothy Perkins or believe it or not asda. They do some skinny jeans that are also a bit stretchy.
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've found dorothy perkins to be the best fit
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I'll have to look into those!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Wrangler Aura jeans. Order usual size if not one smaller...they run a bit big. Bootcut, your crack doesnt hang out, and they are lower waist, (truer waist) not under the boob Mom jeans waist. VERY comfy!!!!!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have a simillar problem and needed new jeans recently. I tried on a pair of each style of jeans in M&S in my new size, some i couldnt even button up some were just an odd shape but the ones that fit perfectly, were snug, did up and didnt gape at the waist, i could breathe and didnt give me a muffin top were their "value" type ones, about £12.50 a pair. I would highly recommend them
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i've been settled on M&S per una for years and they sit on my waist. now that 've lost a bit of belly though, i'm finding them a bit high for me and i should start looking around for something a bit more hip level without being the horrible "just above the pube line" ultra lows ones that seem to be everywhere :/
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I also have some M&S £12.50 jeans that are a good fit, but for Christmas I got some Levi curve ID jeans which are fab. Apparently they make my bum look amazing! My partner told me that, not the shop assistant, in case you were wondering...

If you go into a Levis store they will measure you properly and tell you which sort of curve you are. I tried on slight curve and demi curve and bought the slight curve as they fitted perfectly. £80 well spent...no way I'm regaining weight and growing out of those!
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've found dorothy perkins to be the best fit

Me too!! I even got into a 16 in their "stretch" skinny's :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Dorothy Perkins or believe it or not asda. They do some skinny jeans that are also a bit stretchy.

I am glad you said Asda, I was just about to say similar.

George (which is the clothing part of Asda) do excellent jeans and they fit very nicely too.