UMM - GROSS!

Options
2»

Replies

• WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I will eat McDonald's every day and look as good 20 yrs after I'm dead as I do now! Win for me!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    So it has anti-aging benefits? I shall eat one daily! Thanks for the tip!

ROFLMAO!
  • ElyMaeOR
    ElyMaeOR Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love egg mcmuffins! LOL :-D
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    In my younger days I had a bunch of trash in my car all the time and from time to time I'd clean it out and occassionaly find a hamburger or egg mcmuffin that I hadn't eaten. They were never in the same shape they were when purchased.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    my question is...why would he unwrap it and look at it in the first place knowing it was sitting there for three months? I sure wouldn't!
  • kridleoo7
    Options
    I don't trust anything that comes from McDonald's! I don't even trust their salads!:tongue:
  • Mrs_ALM
    Mrs_ALM Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is how urban legends get started...

http://skepticalteacher.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/the-myth-of-the-non-decomposing-mcdonalds-hamburger/

On an experiment on homemade burgers compared to Mc D's in the above link:

"...Turns out that not only did the regular McDonald’s burgers not rot, but the home-ground burgers did not rot either. Samples one through five had shrunk a bit (especially the beef patties), but they showed no signs of decomposition. What does this mean?

It means that there’s nothing that strange about a McDonald’s burger not rotting. Any burger of the same shape will act the same...

...So folks, the bottom line is that McDonald’s food behaves just like any other kind of food. If you let it dry out, it won’t rot; if you keep it moist so that bacteria & mold can grow on it, it will rot. "
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I saw too where they left a happy meal out for 6 months as an experiment-it won't decompose. The truth is, many processed foods don't decompose and won't be eaten by molds, insects or even rodents.

It says something when not even a rat will eat it.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    So it has anti-aging benefits? I shall eat one daily! Thanks for the tip!

*snort giggle*
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    This kinda happened to me with Nature's Own brand bread. I thought it was good because it was whole wheat, stated no preservatives, etc. I bought it and ate half the loaf, within maybe 2 weeks, then I went out of town for a week and left it on the counter. When I came home (now it's been 3 weeks in Florida humidity) it was exactly the same. No preservatives my *kitten* there's something weird in there. That's when I started buying bread at the farmer's market. It' molds in less than 4 days and I feel so good about that. :laugh:

We also left a package of english muffins (same brand) in the pantry for a year and a half. No mold, no smell, nothing. Ew.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I saw too where they left a happy meal out for 6 months as an experiment-it won't decompose. The truth is, many processed foods don't decompose and won't be eaten by molds, insects or even rodents.

It says something when not even a rat will eat it.
    I would eat one and people often call me a rat.