How many times do you work out?

Options
It always inspires me to push harder when I hear how much other ppl work out :)
Now I'm adding some cardio to my workout so
at the gym I do a 20min HIIT run, lift some weights for 30min and then do 20min interval on the elliptical :)
I'd love to know how often other people work out? And what do u do?

Thanks!

ps. also, (i feel a bit silly always adding this but I guess MFP's the right place:P) I started a fitness blog last week now that I'm starting my weight loss journey again (already lost some, gained some and now I'm working to get n shape for summer!) http://healthbeautyanddiscipline.blogspot.com/

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I shoot for working out 6 days a week for an hour. 3-4 days I do Zumba, and 2-3 days I do 30 min of free step and 30 min of weights. On Mon-Fri I usually add 15 min of light calesthenics (desk pushups, resistance bands, squats/lunges wo weights, other stuff) twice a day on my breaks at work (30 min total).

On the weekends or after work in the summer we sometimes hike.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I aim to do cardio 6 days a week (although this week thus far has been full of obstacles!) I go on the stationary bike or the elliptical for 45 mins, at varying levels of difficulty to keep it interesting.

I've also found that the time goes by faster when I'm distracted, so I've been watching Sons of Anarchy while i work out ;)
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 30 min five times a week. walking and pilates
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    I shoot for working out 6 days a week for an hour. 3-4 days I do Zumba, and 2-3 days I do 30 min of free step and 30 min of weights. On Mon-Fri I usually add 15 min of light calesthenics (desk pushups, resistance bands, squats/lunges wo weights, other stuff) twice a day on my breaks at work (30 min total).

woooow that's impressive!
  • winter1213
    Options
    I do cardio for 60-90 minutes (ellipital & arc trainer) 5-6 days a week, then another hour of strength training 5 days a week. I also do hot yoga twice a week for an hour and am going to start a once a week Zumba program tonight. :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

woooow that's impressive!

Is it? I always feel like I don't have time to do enough. Also, I don't always get the full hour 6 days a week. That's my goal each week but sometimes life gets in the way. :ohwell:

And my weights aren't very heavy (10-15 lbs) but my goal for 2012 to increase that a bit. I could increase it on some things now if I had heavier weghts. Hoping to pick some up this weekend.
  • ctroxell2011
    Options
    I work out Monday through Friday. Mondays and Fridays a half hour of weights and an hour of spin. Tuesdays, half hour cardio, (bike or rowing) plus machines for arms, shoulders, back. Wednesdays, half hour of cardio, machines for legs, butt. Thursdays, half hour cardio plus appioitnment with trainer which is usually abs and free weights, and floor exercises.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I work out for an hour, three times per week, I use the treadmill.

I will be using my cycle to go to and from work as the weather improves, so that will be more exercise to add on, as that will be a total of 40 mins cycling per day.

Should be good for the old butt!!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I walk five miles, on average, three times a week. I've also just started cycling - only managing up to three miles so far, and aiming for six times a week.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I play roller derby so I have practice 3x a week for 2 hours, sometimes adding in a 4th open skate session to work on specific skills. I also do the Roller Derby Workout DVD (no skates required! great for lower body and abs) and other cross-training DVDs (Pilates, 30DS, etc) at least 2x a week and I run 2-3x a week. I take one day off a week for muscle recovery.

I fit in yoga when I can and I plan to skate a full marathon in July, so there will be more endurance skating as that gets closer. I've skated up to 14 miles already. :)
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I aim for 7 days a week as I sit all day at work, so I need to move, but usually I end up working out 6 days a week. I do various exercises (HIIT, weights, toning exercise using body weight, running, walking) and try for an hour or more each time.
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    I wish I could find the energy to workout 6 days a week! what do you do when your low on energy??
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I play roller derby so I have practice 3x a week for 2 hours, sometimes adding in a 4th open skate session to work on specific skills. I also do the Roller Derby Workout DVD (no skates required! great for lower body and abs) and other cross-training DVDs (Pilates, 30DS, etc) at least 2x a week and I run 2-3x a week. I take one day off a week for muscle recovery.

I fit in yoga when I can and I plan to skate a full marathon in July, so there will be more endurance skating as that gets closer. I've skated up to 14 miles already. :)

Woot another derby girl!!! I'm going to look into that RD workout DVD :) Thanks for sharing!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    6x a week. 1-2 hrs.

Mon: Zumba class for 1 hr. then lap pool swin for 30 mins
    Tues. Lift weights 1hr and then jog/walk for 30 mins
    Wed. nothing. a rest day for me
    Thurs. lift weights 1hr then jog/walk for 30 mins
    Fri: jog/walk 1 hr
    Sat. jog/walk 1hr w/hills and stairs
    Sun: lift weights 1 hr.

I been doing monthly 5K races. still haven't been able to complete a 5K w/o walk breaks but I am working my way up there.
  • missq1989
    missq1989 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At the minute I'm just aiming to do at least a 30 min work out each day, mainly cardio on my Wii. I'm not one for excersizing so being able to do it in my living room is quite appealing to me. Plus once I get on Wii, Just Dance or Wii Zumba fitness I end up doing it for up to an hour .

It's not a lot at the min but at least I'm doing some thing I suppose.

Danielle x
  • Thomas813
    Options
    I train in my gym one hour in the morning (weight training / core) one hour at lunch (cardio) and 2 hours at night at my MMA club. I do this Mon-Fri.
  • jayjaybee1015
    Options
    I do 4-5 times a week. 1 day of 30-minutes lower body weights, 2 days of 45-minute cardio, 1 day of 30-minute upper body weights, and if I do the 5th day, it is 45-minute cardio.

14149439.png
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It always inspires me to push harder when I hear how much other ppl work out :)
    Now I'm adding some cardio to my workout so
    at the gym I do a 20min HIIT run, lift some weights for 30min and then do 20min interval on the elliptical :)
    I'd love to know how often other people work out? And what do u do?

Thanks!

ps. also, (i feel a bit silly always adding this but I guess MFP's the right place:P) I started a fitness blog last week now that I'm starting my weight loss journey again (already lost some, gained some and now I'm working to get n shape for summer!) http://healthbeautyanddiscipline.blogspot.com/

No offense, but if you're doing 30 minutes of weight training and 20 minutes of interval training right after HIIT, then you aren't really doing HIIT. HIIT means max effort, and you shouldn't have energy to do anything else if it's done right.

I work out 3-4 days a week. 3 days of heavy barbell training a week, and then maybe one cardio day a week.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Once a day, 60-90 minutes depending on how I'm feeling.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In general I do 90 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.

I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.

I work my full body.

I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 64lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.

Diet
    It was a hard leap for me as well, but after my first initial 30 lbs, I stalled, then did what any disciplined and determined person would. I starved myself. And that worked too for a season, but I was losing lean body mass too much.

Long short? I increased calories to almost 3000 to account for my activity level, exercises and other variables, and I thought NO WAY! I was eating less than half that....

Out of the 65 lb total weight loss, half of that resulted from a higher calorie diet but slightly restricted with enough of a deficit to reflect a 1lb weekly weight loss.

It worked!

And today I have a mere 10 lbs to go, eating around 3000 daily [except on rest days], losing 1 lb each week like clockwork.
    If your input is right, all will be well.

Good Luck!