Any Juicers/Smoothie Folks out there?

Options
I like juicing and smoothies anyone else having them as part of their weight loss? Would love to trade recipes! My current fav is a kale apple smoothie....

Jennifer

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    im drinking one right now mmm

1 cup of OJ
    1/4 cup frozen peaches
    1/4 cup frozen mangoes
    1/4 cup frozen pineapple
    1/4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt

i also like banana in it but i don't have a ripe one
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    Jennifer...will you please share your smoothie recipe for the kale apple? This sounds interesting. I'm looking for new ways to add polyphenols in my diet! :)
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe for the Kale Apple Smoothie:

I made this today in my blender and it rocks!!! If you want to watch your carb intake, just leave out the banana. I read the recipe wrong and added 1 cup of kale and used a whole banana. I also dislike apple juice, but instead added an apple, cut and cored. I used Santa Cruz organic mango lemonade instead of the apple juice.

The drink is filling and healthy and really easy to make...I am too lazy to get my juicer out so this worked out great!

Kale apple smoothie

Ingredients

3/4 cup chopped kale, ribs and thick stems removed
    1 small stalk celery, chopped
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup ice
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Directions

Place the kale, celery, banana, apple juice, ice, and lemon juice in a blender.
    Blend until smooth and frothy.

Nutritional Information

Per Serving
    Calories 139

Fat 1g
    Sat Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 36mg
    Protein 3g
    Carbohydrate 35g
    Sugar 21g
    Fiber 3g
    Iron 1mg
    Calcium 79mg

I am also going to try a carrot pinneaple smoothie that has OJ in it....
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ive recently been bought a blender and i love it!! Ive not tried too many recipies at the moment, but a fave one is melon and pineapple. Its yummy.

Theres recipes where you can blend cucumbers but i dont fancy that just yet!!
  • kimborious
    Options
    I have a Breville Juicer and I LOVE it. My fave is cucumber, apple, lemon, ginger. MMMMMM. I put Kale and Spinach in too for the nutrients, but leave them out of the name so I can pretend I am only drinking delicious things.
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    Sounds delicious.

I do smoothies every day. I usually keep it simple with 2c spinach, 1/2 cup berries and water. That's my base. Sometimes I throw in ginger, cucumber, pineapple, or mint. Honestly, I add whatever fruit/veg I have that's about to go bad!

Sadly in England it's tougher to get the variety of greens I used to find in the States. I miss all those kale varieties.

You can put ANYthing in a smoothie. :P
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of juicing lately. It's an easy way to get lots of veggies into your diet. I'll make a batch that last 2 days then make something else. Current batch is kale, cucumber, pear. I don't use kale much because it's so expensive around here.
  • kimsue123
    kimsue123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was on the P.I.N.K. Method (Google it) for weight loss. My favorite recipe they gave was: 1 cup frozen strawberries (you can use any kind of berry), 1 scoop Whey protein, and 1 cup almond or coconut milk.........sometimes I added a banana. I drank that every morning. For lunch you eat a lean protein the size of your palm and all the veggies you want. Eat the same for supper. If you get hungry during the day, eat all the veggies you want. I lost 10 lbs in 12 days on that.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about the Lean 1 from Smoothie King but not sure if it is really healthy or not. Just learning about reading the nutrients and all that stuff. Anyone know any thing about Lean 1?
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hmmm....will have to check out that PINK

Anyone want to friend me and keep in touch feel free to :)

Thanks for all the ideas...my favorite is beet apple carrot ginger parsley....when I drink it I feel like I'm getting a shot of b12!
  • antipanic
    Options
    One of my favorite is pear-fennel. (one bulb fennel and two pears) makes a couple servings.
    My morning standby is apple, carrot, parsley (one apple, two carrots and a medium bunch of parsley)

For green juices, I will do any combination of
    kale or spinach
    beet or carrot
    celery or cucumber
    plus lemon and ginger

I call them all green lemonade, because with the lemon, that is pretty much all you taste!

Right now I have a red cabbage in the fridge...pondering what to mix with it.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    some of these recipes sound interesting! I am starting to become really into smoothies, realizing that I can add random things and it tastes so good!

for those putting beets (awesome idea!) do you boil first or use it raw? I have a hand held blender that works pretty good on everything, even frozen, except actual ice cubes.

my recipes might be a little boring, but for breakfast today I had avocado/kiwi/frozen banana/milk/spinach, which was green and awesome!

and after dinner I had frozen blueberries/whey chocolate protein/milk, also awesome and a great little filling snack!

usually I do a combo of banana, berries, milk, sometimes protein powder, sometimes almond butter.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about the Lean 1 from Smoothie King but not sure if it is really healthy or not. Just learning about reading the nutrients and all that stuff. Anyone know any thing about Lean 1?

Lean 1 is just banana, almond, and protein powder (for the vanilla, at least). It's good for you, but you could make it at home for much cheaper!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump