"Are you really enjoying that crap???"

Options

Replies

• PattyMarie218
    Options
    I really feel like I have learned to like the healthier stuff. I find that when I eat "junk" that I used to eat, I literally feel sick. Not to say I don't still do it from time to time!

Same here. I tried to enjoy a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookie a while ago and it was just so GREASEY.
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat foods that I don't enjoy. I hate steamed veggies - I'd rather spend 50 extra calories roasting them in olive oil or adding (gasp) a slice of bacon to them. Healthy food doesn't have to be boring or taste bad.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    but are you really enjoying the lower calorie (ie lower flavor food) you have started eating lately??

Umm, lower calorie food shouldn't be lower in flavor if you're doing it correctly. In fact, I think lower calorie food tends to be HIGHER in flavor because vegetables and spices are a lot more flavorful than cheese and starches.

I totally agree with this! I find My food very yummy its My sister who equates grilled with bland, and fried with yummy! So to answer My own question I THINK My food is delicious and love how eating clean is clearing up My skin and lowering that huge # on the scale
    Thanx everyone for your input!!!
  • hope516
    Options
    I'm enjoying the hell out of my grass fed rib-eye right this very second and guess what? It fits in my macros.

Everything I put in my mouth is delicious. I bet that fish was delicious too.

It was absolutely amazing! I topped it with fresh pico de gallo and enjoyed it thoroughly!
  • Candida1983
    Options
    I agree with all of the others on the point that you can flavor your foods with different herbs and spices. It won't be the same as that 1/4 lb greasy burger that you would enjoy stuffing your mouth with, but it is way more healthy and you'll feel better about yourself after you've eaten it. I enjoy the heck out of steamed and roasted veggies. I'm not a huge fish fan, but I force myself to eat it because it's reaaallllly good for you and the benefits are awesome! I think, after a while, you get used to the taste and you don't think about it. Once your body gets used to eating things that are great for it, you won;t think about that big greasy burger anymore! I have a recipe for some really great turkey burgers if you want it!

I would imagine my sister in 15 years, and then imagine yourself in 15 years. Eating healthier definitely has it's benefits. You'll see when you get older and you're the thinner, leaner, more muscular of the two sisters. =)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I always enjoyed healthy food...I just honestly ate too much of it and some crap too! I am surprised your sister would say that!!
  • tinytubbs
    Options
    low calorie doesn't mean you have to eat cardboard.....it is all about the seasoning and the how you prepare it. I am never starving and my food is great. I am a good cook but anyone can cook tasty low cal food with practice
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lol if you were from Baltimore youd be like "*****!" *HAND* NOM NOM NOM....
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    You're meal doesn't sound like crap to me. I will echo what others have said, I don't eat food I don't enjoy. What's the point?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^ is what My naturally thin, wouldn't have to count a calorie if it bit her on her tiny perky butt sister asked me today. I was enjoying My dinner plate full of steamed veggies and tiny peice of broiled fish. I savored every bite and talked about how tasty it was. She said I was lieing to myself! Lol....I know I was starving and that usually makes cardboard yummy, but are you really enjoying the lower calorie (ie lower flavor food) you have started eating lately??
    No, I do not enjoy it which is why I eat what I want 40% of the time.
    And every week I have a free day to indulge myself with the foods I truly enjoy.

I think where normal people miss the boat is in how we have come to view over eating as normal.
    I eat for metabolic health, and it's just NOT always fabulous tasting.

That's life.
    I accept it, and and at peace with this reality.

Why?
    I value being fit more than the fleeting pleasures of fatty foods.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If I don't like it, it isn't going in my mouth. So I'm working on eating MORE of the healthy things I like and enjoy and less of the stuff that takes up too much of my daily calorie allowance.
  • scssam
    scssam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I actually still eat the old food I use to eat to get fat. I just eat a lot less of it and exercise a bunch more.

So the answer is yes and no.. I do enjoy it I just want more. :)
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    From young we are trained to like all the crap that got us overweight in the first place, the things that are good for us we don't like to eat. We need to reprogram our body to like the things that are healthy for us....

I with this one. When I eat healthy it tastes good, but transitioning from fatty, salty, sugary stuff is hard in the beginning. Your palate has to adjust and I've heard that our bodies are actually wired to crave salty things. I really do enjoy my vegetables and have learned a lot about seasoning my foods versus frying or heavily salting it.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    YES! looking at my eating habits now compared to before they are almost unrecognizable. I have noticed that those cravings people talk about, for bad foods ( like fast food or unhealthy foods) have gone. Now I love frozen fruit and hate chocolatey, candy coated, ice creamy deserts. I eat more veggies and smaller portions of food in general and I feel good and they taste good. You can make it taste however you want with spices and stuff but, the fact that it is fresh and yummy cannot be faked !
  • Jhulet
    Jhulet Posts: 32
    Options
    Yup, I like to eat good food. I eat a ton of good stuff and still avg between 1100 and 1400 calories a day. If I ate a cheeseburger, I would feel bloated, sick and disgusting at this point. Not saying they don't sound good once in awhile, or that I have never eaten one before, just would prefer to eat healthier and not get sick and meet my weight loss and health goals.
    But I would definitely not last on this at all if I had to eat disgusting cardboard tasteless food.

Ignore your sister's comments, people like to bring others down when they seem to be achieving something great. The old "put people down to build yourself up" thing.

Stick with it, and look around for some lower calorie options you LOVE! It's possible! :flowerforyou:
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    This!!!! :)
  • ninakretina
    Options
    I have always liked healthy foods, I love chicken and veggies ever since I was a kid. What makes the difference is in the ways I'm preparing them now. Since I'm living alone now, I can control what and how food is done, so I pretty much keep eating what I have always wanted but differently. If I want a hamburger, I make a chicken one with 2% fat cheese and a side salad. If I want a pizza, I'll make a pita pizza. If I want pasta, I make sure to put more broccoli and chicken or seafood instead of the pasta itself. Where I live now there are barely any fast food and quite a nice amount of healthy food places, so I'm definitely taking advantage of that whenever I feel like eating something that is not made by me. And not to mention that this city has a wonderful park to go work out(lots of eye candy and cute, buffed up guys to entertain while walking! Haha!!) and is very pedestrian friendly, so I'm definitely using this opportunity to lose the weight I've been trying to lose for years and for many reasons never did. :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy healthy food a lot, I always have. And as a bonus, healthy food doesn't make me feel completely awful when I'm done eating it. I got fat by eating a lot of healthy food, plus a lot of crap (why yes, I am going to eat this raw kale salad and this king sized bag of M&M's--now I skip the M&M's). As for your sister, I'd probably tell her to go eff herself, but that's just me.

Also, as a lot of people have pointed out, healthier doesn't mean low in flavor, I make lots of flavorful, spicy, yummy (well, we think it is anyway) stuff. Garlic, ginger, herbs, and spices do a ton for flavor. Onions are a little higher in calories, but I think worth it for the most part.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    The only time I don't like what I'm eating is if I somehow jacked up one of my recipes. Otherwise, it's good and I'm good. HOWEVER, I'd be a huge liar if I said I'd rather be eating other things from time to time. My problem has never been very much WHAT I ate (as I was always on diets as a kid - you cannot get me to eat white bread or drink anything other than skim!) but how much. I will murder peanut butter or cashews. Rice. Bananas. Milk. Then again, once I finally had my own money and could do what I wanted, cookie dough was the most amazing discovery. (Yes, Be, you CAN buy that and eat it all. You're an ADULT!)
  • hope516
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

I bet fit, healthy and strong tastes better than skinny.

yep!...