What's the story behing your username?

Options

Replies

• NikeWingz
    Options
    Nike was the goddess of swift victory. There used to be an ancient statue of her off the coast (border?) of Greece that welcomed home the armies. Today only parts of her remain, and her wings were part of it. Plus I thought of the atheletic connection too.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    my first name is Erin middle name is Karma.. EKarma
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I created the name when I was like 15 for AOL and have used since then. Crystal is my name, ice I just thought it sounded cool at 15, and 4 is my favorite number.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Spectral is a play off another name that people used to call me when I went out to clubs because I tend to be a wallflower, and the Moon comes from being born in the last day of the full moon.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I miscarried a baby in Nov '03 and was convinced it was going to be a girl. I would have named her Allison Olivia and called her Alli. Since then, I use AlliO a lot on the web as a way to keep that baby's memory alive.

I am SO sorry for your loss! I have miscarried 3 babies and it is so heartbreaking. I have a daughter named Allison Olivia! We call her AlliO. She goes by Olivia tho.

My name is the first three letters of my kids names, Kayla Zachary and Olivia and I am their mommy :)
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Back in 1997 I met a girl at work who would later become one of my best friends. She was the sort of person that would make up nicknames for people and she would call me Karen Sparren (rhymes - interesting I know!), but it got to the point where our BOSS would call me Sparren and her husband actually believed for a while that Karen Sparren was my real name!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have lost 137 pounds and still working toward goal. I am finally and hopefully forever in Onederland!!!! I hope to never see the 200's or 300's ever again!! =) So, I chose 1derwmn for my username to remind myself that I am a strong woman and I will stay in the 100's from now on.

Like it.
  • shawaad
    shawaad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    None really. Just my name and initials. :ohwell: :yawn:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine forever (since I was 14, lol, year I got my first email address though like a 14 year old girl I switched through about six email addresses that year, finally stuck with it though and I use it for everything, I think I'm the only one using it too).

It is an obscure reference to my favorite show ever, the name of a ship that records showed were destroyed in a pivotal battle in a war. Large number of points if you can name the show!

Edited to add: Got the funniest insult on a youtube comment with this name once. The person accused me of being "macho," and was convinced I "must be one of those super cool Nascar fans." I was like 1, I'm not offended by that, even if 2, I'm a 22 year old girl whose username comes from a sci fi show I watched when I was 14. :bigsmile:
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    Mine is the name of my company that I own. Basically meaning whatever you dream of and have faith, I can make it happen for you (mostly weddings)
    Oh, and I just so happen to LOVE Jesus : )
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Its Spanish for The Prettiest Woman in the World. Spanish happens to be my first language. Just did this to have some self-esteem because ever since I was a kid, I would always hear people say I'm ugly, then fat & ugly back to my teenage years.
  • Sabogirl01
    Options
    Sabo is my dogs name, she is named after a tank round, and she is my girl..sabogirl :bigsmile:
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can shotgun a beer super fast.
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    My name is jenelle and I was born in 82 :) not too creative but I like it lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    it's a gamer tag I've used for years :)
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my first name ..spelled out the first letter of my last name how it sounds and then my age
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My business name. Also, a cygnet is a baby swan. I always felt like an ugly duckling, so it fit! :smile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    No story its my name
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My twitter name. Because I post random things out of the blue.... And "Helen" was already taken....