weighing in??

Options
How often do you weigh yourself? I was thinking once a week, but not sure - HELP

Replies

• vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Once a week (on Wednesday because I watch Biggest Loser Tuesday night and it motivates me).

My Wii FIt wants me to weigh in daily but....I feel like that is too much (for me --- I start obsessing if I do that). Honestly, you decide what you want to do, everyone is going to tell you something different.

My suggestion -- find what works for you and stick with it :)
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every week but think im going to start every 2 weeks instead to see better results
  • MontanaSara
    MontanaSara Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in once a week. I think its nice to give yourself time between weigh ins so you actually see results.
  • JayneDugger
    Options
    I agree, everyday can cause you to lose hope
  • JayneDugger
    Options
    Might be a good Idea? :) Maybe I will do that too.
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    I'm obsessive. I weigh myself almost every day or no less than every other day. Only because I need to make sure that my exercises and food is working. I know day by day if my workout was effective or if the new food I introduced to my diet was a good choice. It gets nerve wrecking sometimes but its works out great for me.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I do once a week. When I start doing more than that, I tend to start obsessing about every tenth of a pound. I also do it at approximately the same time of day, after using the restroom, and nekkid. All kinds of things affect weigh-ins. Full bladders, too much sodium yesterday, not enough fiber yesterday, etc. all make a difference in today's weigh-in. The important part is that the trend is down.
  • JumpShip2
    JumpShip2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Saturday mornings, during the week i like to step on the scale to see how i'm doing but I judge my progress (or lack thereof) by my weekly weigh in.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks Everyone - lots of great advice. I think once a week is what may work - I've thought about that - Im changing my life here, i didnt get this way overnight- I want to make a long term difference - and I dont want to stress about the scale. I would like to use the old - I feel great in my clothes, or they're getting a bit tight..time to tighten the belt a bit" - but for now, this site and all you amazing people are such a big help!

Thanks,
  • t4theo
    t4theo Posts: 9
    Options
    I was like you. I eventually ended up weighing myself constantly throughout the day. I became so obsessed and continued to gain weight. I go rid of my scale several years ago. It was the best thing I ever did. I dropped 40 pounds without the stress.