Newbie from Melbourne, Australia

Options
Hi! I'm Sophia, 23 yo mum of two from Melbourne, Australia.

I am currently 108.7kg, I have been overweight most of my life, due to emotional eating among other things.

I am determined to get fit and healthy for my two girls who are nearly two and 6 months. I don't want them growing up with the same issues I had so before I focus on losing weight I'm trying to normalize my relationship with food and exercise.

I love walking with my girls in their pram, if anyone in Melbourne (or anywhere) does the same, add me on MFP :)

Replies

• KittyExpress
    KittyExpress Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophia! Wow, talk about timing. I just joined myself. I'm also in Melbourne (North Eastern) and a mum of one. Planning on making that two at some point, but unfortunately because of my job it's not on the cards right now.

I started out around the same weight as you, and just like you for me it was emotional eating that got me to where I was. I had a terrible relationship with food. I loved it, but it didn't love me! After a diet (Tony Ferguson) and exercise program I'm at 74.6kg, but my lowest was 66.6kg which is the minimum of what I'd like to get back to.

Now I'm trying to drop the 8ish kg I've gained over the last 6 months and so far I'm not doing that well. In fact, I've only just gotten on track again. But I'll get there :D
  • kewwy1
    kewwy1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :)

I am almost 30 and a mother of one from Perth, Australia... if either of you would like to add me, please feel free! :)
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Melbourne. 7 kg to lose.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have just joined too. I am a mum of 4 from Sydney. Today is my first day so just learning all about MFP :)
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Melbourne:bigsmile: and joined My Fitness Pal 3 months ago.:bigsmile: It's great site and I am slowly losing my unwanted kg.:bigsmile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm from canberra where the annoying ranga lives ;)
  • ollyollyolly
    ollyollyolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there, another Melbournite here. Feel free to add me :-)
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Also from Melbourne!!! Feel free to add me too :-)
  • marlee123
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Melbourne too. I've decided I want to do Run For The Kids http://www.runforthekids.com.au and thought i might set the challenge for other people in Melbourne who are looking to lose weight and get fitter to participate too. Feel free to add me as a friend :)