NEED TO FILL CALORIES......Is fruit ok???????????????

Options
2»

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you should be getting a lot more protein in your diet. a lot more. like, nine times the amount you got in today. try quinoa!!

I usually do get lots of protein. And I'm only under by 11g today.
    But I didn't want to go higher on my fat and carbs just to get more protein.

whoops, had a brain fart and thought that you only consumed 11g or protein. but still, MFP underestimates the recommended protein intake by a lot.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I like to fill in the calories with vodka.

you make me smile xD once school starts I might be filling calories like that more often... lol.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I like to fill in the calories with vodka.

LMAO! Too funny! :)
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Since when did fruit become a bad thing? Fruit is GOOD for you, and no it will not turn you into a fat storing machine due to insulin spikes. Protein spikes your insulin as well as carbs. Carbs are not the devil. Fruit is not the devil. Eat the fruit and quit freaking.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    you should be getting a lot more protein in your diet. a lot more. like, nine times the amount you got in today. try quinoa!!

whoops, had a brain fart and thought that you only consumed 11g or protein. but still, MFP underestimates the recommended protein intake by a lot.

I actually fixed all those numbers to be accurate. :) But I see what you are saying so I am going to drink some of my Jillian Michaels Protein mix cause if has no fat and will give me 19g of protein. :) That should help. Thanks!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fruit is fine. As long as you are getting a good balance of nutrients during the day, a bit of fruit nont going to cause a problem (but then I'm not scared of carbs!)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    all I read was spike insulin? no it will not unless you are diabetic, so my mom stays away from let's say a banana, but I eat them everyday, just had one matter of fact. the sugar in fruits are great because the molecule is surrounded by other nutrients in which you pee/poop out b/c they do not digest until they get into your intestines (good thing) bad thing = sugar from a candy bar or the like in which the sugar molecule is not surrounded by anything and breaks down in the saliva in your mouth and spikes your insulin, fruit is always the best choice. my goodness America sure has duped us into thinking nature's candy is somehow bad.
  • annamichele
    annamichele Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good if that is what you want. The formula is calories in vs. calories out.
    I would not fill my calories with vodka though.....I'd go for WINE!
  • Prek2005
    Options

I totally agree, and also on my daily intake of fiber.