Been here 2 weeks and really need more support

Options
Im Jodi - I am 37 and have about 15lbs I need to lose. I have been here 15 days now and really need a boost of support to keep me in line! Please add me :) I would love a bigger MFP family!
Thanks for the add!

Replies

• toridillman
    Options
    I would love some more support too! Just signed up today! I weigh 154 lbs, and hope to weigh 115 by the end of the summer!
  • ShanaRae123
    Options
    Hi everyone! I signed up recently and am trying to get back into a healthy shape. My goal is 125, I am around 170 now. :) Good luck all!
  • livpops
    livpops Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I'm Olivia, I made a profile here ages ago but have decided to really embrace some weightloss in 2012! I weigh about 235lbs and want to get to 150lbs by the end of the year!
  • silentnacht
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicola & I'd love to give you some encouragement. I'm new too, and I'd definitely like some more friends. I'll send you an invite. :smile:
  • Bmused02
    Bmused02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Bonnie and I originally joined in June of 2010. I have been up and down and have finally said, enoug is enough! On thanksgiving day I weighed 210 lbs....as of Jan 1, 2012 I weighed 187. I want to get down to 130...I am alone on here so I would love to get some friends! I joined the "lose 5 pounds a month" forum and hope this will help!
  • beachgirl1218
    Options
    Hi I'm Jodi! I am brand new, just signed up tonight. I am trying to lose about 30 pounds. This is new to me because I was always so skinny and never had to worry about eating well...and then menopause, depression and medication and BOOM! lol So here I am ready to get healthy. I have been working for the past couple of weeks on making small changes to my eating habits and I have lost approximately 7lbs before joining tonight..so hoping to keep going and start to incorporate some exercise into my days. I find this to be a real stumbling block right now, because of my work hours and over a one hour commute each way. So hopefully meeting some others here on MFP will help keep me motivated and on the right path. I really want to wear my bathiing suit this summer and feel good about how I look in it! :happy:
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    I also am new and trying to loose 15-18 lbs by May - would love some additional support!! :flowerforyou:
  • cdevinb
    Options
    Just signed up tonight too! I am really lagging in the motivation department. I have a 5 month old baby boy that is sooo awesome but I don't have a lot of time to myself and when I do I just want to take a snooze......... I am at a point where I am the biggest I have ever been and have about 60lbs to lose. :( It's soooo hard and I have no self control at all these days.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It must be a convention of Jodies! I'm Jody too (only with a Y). I started on Jan 2 at 200 lb. My first goal is to get down to 160 lb. After that, I'd eventually like to get down to 130-135, which is near my ideal weight. I have decided not to weigh myself again until Feb 2 because I get obsessed with a number on the scale and not take into account the positive lifestyle changes I'm making. Just wanted to say "hi" to my fellow Jodies here.
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodi! I'd love to be thinner by summer and I'm sure we can all do it together! I love the group support on here so feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • QueenNanna
    QueenNanna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Deanna. I started my weight loss journey about a year and a half ago. I am 13 pounds away from my goal, I would love to give as well as receive encouragement. I made my big push and lost 20 pounds since Dec 4th (yes I did it over the holidays). My thought was that if I could say no to food I loved during the holidays It would be easy to keep it up the rest of the year. Here is to a thinner us in 2012!
  • jogutierrez1
    Options
    I just signed up too.I too need lot of support.I am currently at 160ish and would like to be at 138 by march.I lost 40 pounds in 3 month in 2004 and havent been able to lose these last few pounds.Just joined 24hr fitness and did yoga for the first time today.My goal is to do a 5k in may 20th.I kow it isnt much but with a low bladder and no running back ground I'd love to jog it.I live in san diego cali.Anyone from here?
  • aquapussy
    aquapussy Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi gal I am in the 15 lb club as well feel free to add me.
  • jogutierrez1
    Options
    Deanna,I think I found the 20 pounds you lost during the holiday's.But I hope we can both lose these last few pounds.
    What was killing me was that I work for a coffee shop(wont mention name's)but all the coffee's werent good for me.The mochas hve so many calories and so does some of the milk and whip cream and so on.I hope I dont waste my money on the gym.As of now I am still going strong.I am going 4 to 5 times a week nd while I'm there I make it count.Good luck and tomorrow is a new day.Thats wht I tell myself.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    I will add you! I could always use more friends :)

13800327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • allaboutfamily
    allaboutfamily Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    add me!
  • Deuxtrouble
    Options
    I joined here in November - 1 year after quitting smoking - I need to lose what I put on while working on remaining quit. I would love some company, some support.

I am 42 and I am at 146 lbs right now and my goal weight is to get back to 133 lbs - where I was before I quit smoking.

Since putting in a better effort in December, I have managed to lose 5lbs.

Please feel free to add me (you might just be my first LOL)

Melanie
  • luv2Bsilly
    luv2Bsilly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I :happy: sent you a friend request, I'm new here too and the support is really helpful. We can do this!!!!!!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here as well. ..Friend request sent!
    anyone else feel free to add me as well...love reading the posts -recipes etc
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jodie too!! I'm an aussie & 37... had 60 odd lbs to lose (30kgs) with 15 already gone (7kgs)(yay). Would love to have more friends & support, feel free to add me :flowerforyou: