Master Cleanse

michlingle
michlingle Posts: 797 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone tried the lemonade, organic maple, and cayenne pepper cleanse? Fasting? Share please, my sister is on day 2, and it's tough, but she's as stubborn as I am and will probably finish it. I'm intrigued, it's the whole competing with your sister business, I know immature. But, if you've done a cleanse, how quickly did the water weight/regular weight return?

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I did it for 5 days, lost like 14 lbs, and put it back on very quickly.

I didn't do it to lose weight, I did it to empower myself and show myself I was more powerful than food, that I didn't need to always surrender to it. It was tough, but I did it.
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    I used Zand Quick Cleanse. It's all natural and I kept the weight off.

www.vitacost.com

good luck! :smile:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    did it for 12 days, lost 7lbs.... gained 12 back.
  • Where did you get the Zand quick cleanse from?
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Here's some food for thought (as it were) from Mayo Clinic regarding detox diets

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/detox-diets/AN01334
  • kgehling
    kgehling Posts: 20 Member
    All of those "cleanses" are a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention dangerous. All a cleanse is going to do is dehydrate and under nourish your body.

Save your money and your sanity and take some extra fiber. NO respectable medical professional advocates these.
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    You can get the Zand Quick Cleanse in any natural health food store, Wegmans or online at vitacost.com.

Good luck!:happy:
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    I was on the fence for so many years about cleanses/fasts, until I got to understand them a little better. There are definitely the ones out there, like the "lemonade fast" that I think is useless and does more harm than good - hence many of the posters on here that say they gained all the weight back, and then some - but there are others that offer substance and are effective.

I did a blog post on the top 10 reasons it's important to "cleanse" or rid your body of unnecessary toxins, every so often.

http://choose2befit.com/2009/01/24/top-10-reasons-to-“fast”-or-cleanse”-your-body/.

I encourage those to read it that may feel they are harmful....as I learned myself, they are not.

I've done a 9 day fast start fat burn with the Beachbody line of products and found it to be very effective in weight loss, energy gain and fitness results as I embarked on a new fitness program. AND, kept the weight off! :tongue:

Best of luck!
    Taryn
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I do the Master cleanse quarterly just to fast and cleanse the toxins out of my body.

i do not do this to lose weight, but merely to feel better and cleanse myself from the inside out.........

I don't suffer from yeast over growth any longer, indigestion issues, flatulance, skin break outs, etc.......

So, it has its benefits, even though it may not be weightloss..............
  • cdh1234
    cdh1234 Posts: 5 Member
    This is great to lose 10 pounds for a special occassion, but not as a good diet plan. You will lose pounds fast - I did, but they come back very quickly when you start eating again.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    I do the Master cleanse quarterly just to fast and cleanse the toxins out of my body.

i do not do this to lose weight, but merely to feel better and cleanse myself from the inside out.........

I don't suffer from yeast over growth any longer, indigestion issues, flatulance, skin break outs, etc.......

So, it has its benefits, even though it may not be weightloss..............

Where can I find informatino on the master cleanse program? I'm looking for the detox benefits not weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.