Nike training club app

Options
ScrewyChars-6014725

Replies

• DangerKitty2
    Options
    Hey!!
    I use this app too, and since I started using it I've gotten all of my friends and family with iPhones I get it too! It is by and large one of the best work out tools I've ever used and it's totally free. I love that there are 15-minute workouts to target specific areas as well as longer 30 or 45 minute workouts. My question is this: do you have any idea how many calories can be burned during these workouts, specifically the cardio-based "Get Lean" workouts? I'm about 5"1 and 123.5lb at the moment and in fairly good shape (im a runner). I've heard I need to invest in a heart rate monitor but until then, any ballpark ideas??
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've tried the beginning workouts and it kicks my butt. I feel like I'm dying - and I know I'm getting one heck of a workout, but I can barely function the next day. I'm not to a point yet where I've been able to be consistent enough for it to become "routine". I have no doubt that it's completely awesome....but I have a ways to go yet.
  • Angelica_Cakes
    Options
    I use that app on days when I don't go to the gym. I am a huge fan of this app and I recommend it to anyone that will listen to me :) I don't know if it's just me, but at the end of the 15 minute workouts, I am drenched in sweat. Not too sure how many calories are being burned during these workouts, but it sure gets the job done.
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What I can't work out is why more people aren't raving about this? It's the best workout I get on my own, it's so varied, it's motivating (what with the badges and rewards) and best of all it's FREE FREE FREE!!!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey!!
    I use this app too, and since I started using it I've gotten all of my friends and family with iPhones I get it too! It is by and large one of the best work out tools I've ever used and it's totally free. I love that there are 15-minute workouts to target specific areas as well as longer 30 or 45 minute workouts. My question is this: do you have any idea how many calories can be burned during these workouts, specifically the cardio-based "Get Lean" workouts? I'm about 5"1 and 123.5lb at the moment and in fairly good shape (im a runner). I've heard I need to invest in a heart rate monitor but until then, any ballpark ideas??

Yay another devotee, I wear a HRM and during most workouts I average 500/550, this includes 5 mins warm up on epileptic trainer and 15 ab workout at the end, im 5'5" and 140lb, hope this helps xx
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have it..love it..:)
  • kadornato
    kadornato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it late last night, and used it for the first time this morning. I'm not exactly a beginner (in this month I've worked out much more than 2-3 times), but last week I wasn't able to work out at all, so I decided to take it easy to get back into a routine today. Even just the beginner workout had me sweaty and working muscles harder than they would have liked to. I just don't know how to record this on my exercise log though. Any ideas? Circuit training?
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What the hell is D.O.M.S?
  • mrsartis1
    mrsartis1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Delayed Onset Muscle SOreness.. this is when you get sore after a day or two of working out