Anyone else cold?

Options

Replies

• Amineral
    Amineral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow- i have no idea what my body fat is now....you all have me curious.

you can check it with the "tools" on the top right of the screen
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I must be the exception to this. Was always skinny when I was younger, always freezing. Gained 50 pounds and always freezing. Lost the 50 pounds and still cold...:huh:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am also constantly cold since starting to lose weight :(
  • BethGThomas
    BethGThomas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nope I'm not cold. It's summer here hehe
  • dottiemarie
    Options
    YES! It's so funny, I've never been one to be cold... but since I've lost weight I STAY cold!!! Crazy isn't it?!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I've definitely been a lot colder! I thought it was just me and was crazy lol.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I am constantly cold! I was always the fat girl sweating for no reason, needing fans pointed right at me, sleeping in shorts and tank tops. Now... I'm in slippers AND socks, always in hoodies, wearing fleece pj pants, sleeping with an electric blanket and a heavy quilt (or 3 layers of fleece blankets). But still... my toes and fingers are little popsicles. I guess losing 40 pounds will do that. I lost all my insulation! :laugh: Can't wait for summer!!
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My feet and hands are alwayssss cold. So annoying.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    No ...not cold here in Perth w a ...in middle of quite a few hot days ...and nights . But iknow what you mean ....experienced that last time i dropped 4 kg ....
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    YES! When I lost my first 30 lbs, I was freezing all of the time. This was back in October before it even got cold. I had the heat on in 55-60 degree weather. But over time your body should adjust. I don't get as cold as frequently but I do notice that it doesnt take as much for me to put on a sweater.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel colder sometimes. For some reason though.. I'm able to tolerate it a lot more
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    i have noticed a difference since losing some pounds
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    YES!!

It LITERALLY IS the ONLY drawback to losing weight, IMHO....

Protective insulation.... how I miss thee lol

But the trade-off for being more healthy is well worth it.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yep, cold here too, only I'm the one refusing to turn the heat up past 65 LOL. It's just so expensive, even with our new furnace. I just were layers and cuddle under a blanket, sometimes 2. At my lowest weight, which is my now goal weight, I was freezing all the time....I'm going to have to pull out those fleece tops my mother gave me, again!!
  • Jam02ad
    Jam02ad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost the weight yet but I do realize im not as cold as i used to be when I was thinner. So i'm looking to get cold lol
  • bsalis76
    Options
    Nope I'm not cold. It's summer here hehe

Yeah, same here. Terribly wet and cold winter though.
    Damn you La Nina!
    *shakes fist in air*
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to be the calorie deficit making you cold than the fat you've lost no longer keeping you warm.
  • mroger801
    Options
    Oh good. I thought it was just me.

I used to keep a fan in my office because I was always hot, even in the winter. Now I'm regularly cold and looking for extra clothes to layer. I really need a closet in my office because I keep so many clothes there. :/
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wow- i have no idea what my body fat is now....you all have me curious.

you can check it with the "tools" on the top right of the screen

That's for bmi- body fat percentage is different and mine is still high, wah!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but there is no way in hell my house would be kept at 63. We keep ours at 74/75 and most of the time I am still cold! I'm not regular cold though, I am chilled to the bone, feel like I am outside in -20 temps cold. Thankyou brain tumor!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!