Secret Subsitutes

Options
I love hearing all the secret substitutes and am hoping you will share some more with me.. Mine:

Mountain bread instead of bread (obviously)
Watch the labels on the pita breads, I found one that is 121 cal instead of 257, its real and great for pizzas.
Freddo Frogs 50 cal, versus any other small chocolate of 70 and over...

Please share some more!

Replies

• MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lemon Ruski = 170 cal (I think)
    Sugar free Lemon Ruski = 77 Cal (about 100 cal savings)

Any you can taste the difference .... even with the first one !!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Flat Out Hungry Girl 100% Whole grain with flax. Two little circles attached in the middle which makes a perfect sandwich with only 90 cal, 7 g protien, 7g fiber. I love it!

Hummus instead of peanut butter on celery. YUM!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Flat Out Hungry Girl 100% Whole grain with flax. Two little circles attached in the middle which makes a perfect sandwich with only 90 cal, 7 g protien, 7g fiber. I love it!

Hummus instead of peanut butter on celery. YUM!

Hummus on everything all the time. ;p

Popsicles are only 45 calories, and I never knew that.
    Skinny Cow obviously.
    Hunts makes 100 calories sugar free pudding, which I think tastes way better.

[Edit: Typo.]
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Oh, and when I am baking something, I either do egg whites instead of eggs or combine 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed with 4 Tbsp warm water for each egg. It doesn't really change the consistency, and you will never notice the taste difference
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when I am baking something, I either do egg whites instead of eggs or combine 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed with 4 Tbsp warm water for each egg. It doesn't really change the consistency, and you will never notice the taste difference

What is Flax Seed anyways? -weirdface- I saw some at the drop in center where I hang out two weeks ago, but nobody offered me any, so I was scared to try it. ;x
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Flax seed is a type of gluten-free grain that is really high in Omega-3 which is great for your brain, heart, skin, hair, and nails. Fish Oil has Omega-3 too, but is debatable because of mercury. Also if you are vegetarian, it is the best option for Omegas. It is an excellent source of soluable fiber (meaning digestable). It tastes great...I put it in my smoothies and it gives them kind of a nutty flavor.
  • mummyerin
    Options
    EXcellent, thanks!
  • mummyerin
    Options
    Never heard of Flat Out Hungry Girl 100% Whole grain with flax. Where do you buy it, sounds delish!