Let's talk about before.. My typical Taco Bell Order

Options

Replies

• CarolineT82
    Options
    It's scary how it all adds up too.....I didn't think I ate that badly really, but I got back on the scales this morning (after taking a few months off from MFP) and have put on 10lbs in 4 months - so I obviously do eat badly!

Just last night my hubby suggested getting a Burger King.....I can't believe how high the calories was in it - WELL over my daily allowance for my usual order (XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger with fries and coke)!

It's all too easy for those cals to sneak up on you!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I wish we had Taco Bell over here in England, I love Mexican stuff!!!!!!!!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options

me too.. BUT in South Africa
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell.... YUM!!!!

...Sooooo glad we don't have any here in Oz!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Taco Bell is Mexican if pizza hut is Italian.

I remember a few years ago I would be able to eat 2 footlongs from subway. With double meat. Roughly 1300 calories plus the coke.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I see many of these before orders & I can totally relate. Since many of you were brave enough to share then so will I. I didn't look up the calories, but I'd be interested if anyone on here took the time to do so:
    :noway:
    1. Breakfast: Mcdonalds steak,egg, & cheese bagel, 2 sausage biscuits, hasbrown & soda
    2. Lunch: Usually @ home. Could go so many ways with this, but something like 2 sandwichs & half a bag of BBQ chips
    3. Dinner: Possible Mcdonalds again. Double quarter pounder combo large size with a 20 piece chicken nuggets(with bbq sauce)
    4. Snacks. Varied. Not unusual to have a pint of Ben & Jerrys moose tracks ice cream and or Little Debbie fudge rounds.
    5. Drinks: 4-6 cans of regular soda per day.

Now this is varied widely from day to day, but not out of the ordinary at all. I'm very embarrased but there ya go.:blushing: :sad:
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I know what everyone means by" look at how we used to eat!". It is amazing we survived those foods.

I was never a taco bell girl. But I loved my McDs quarter pounder with cheese, 2 cherry pies, a fry and large Sweet tea. Must be easy 2000 calories. I can still have a quarter pounder with cheese. I can't cut out foods I love or I won't make it. But I can't have one everyday. I can have one the very rare occasion.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It's not filling for someone MY size. :)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Where I went to college the only fast food was a taco bell (Ohio Northern University)... i would always get Nachos Bell Grande and a couple of soft beef tacos.... now looking at that its roughly my daily calorie intake at around 1400 calories! And that would just be 1 meal, or even a snack. Darn you salty cheesyness! No wonder I gained 40 lbs in college... lol. Of course I lost that for my wedding, and was able to gain half of it back afterward without taco bell's help, so I guess I can't blame it all on them. Oh well- now its going away for good!

I still eat tacos... but now i make them at home :)
  • robinpickles
    robinpickles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a whole dominos large pizza... all by myself..

and feel so sick I'd cry....

is there such a thing as a non-vom bulimic?

its probably me.... or WAS me... =)
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The Health Department closed the Taco Bell by my house. I didn't care to eat there but my teenage son loved their food & it was starting to show in his expanding waistline.
    So honestly, how good is their food if the place can be closed down by the Health Department? Just something to think about.

Our taco Bell has an "A" rating on the door...
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I always had 2 Cheesy Gordita Crunches - total of 980 calories. Yikes. =/ Now I just avoid Taco Bell altogether.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    oh boy....

(3) taco supremes -- 230 cal x 3 = 690 cal
    border sauce (mild) -- 0 cal
    mexican pizza -- 540 cal

my total: 1230

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Now, if I eat taco bell

(2) fresco chicken soft tacos -- 150 cal x 2 = 300 cal

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chusheto1
    Options
    I am surprised no one has compared Taco Bell to poop on a shell, yet. Because it is exactly that. There is no reason to ever eat there. If you want mexican, find a mexican carnicería and get taco meat. It isn't a premium steak cut, but it is not over-processed ground beef paste, either, and it is delicious. Or at least opt for Costa Vida, Cafe Rio and the likes.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Damn, that all sounds so delicious.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options

We now have Chipotle in the UK which must be just as bad?
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Here was mine.... now I haven't had taco bell in almost a year! (Our taco bell at Mall is Taco Bell / KFC combo).

3 beef hard shell tacos = 510 calories
    3 border sauces = 21 calories
    potato wedges = 290 calories
    1 lg Pepsi = 500 calories

Grand Total = 1321

How disgusting to see it written out like that! That is more in one meal than I generally consume in a day now. And when I am in the 1300 - 1500 range like now, it's filled with healthy foods and snack that sometimes leave me having to find food to eat to hit my calorie goal!
  • LyssaPearl
    LyssaPearl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, Toxic Hell...I mean Taco Bell! I haven't eaten there in over a year, at least. My typical order was the nachos bell grande, with two soft tacos on the side, or three supreme chalupas. I can't even think about eating that stuff again, it makes me sick to my stomach!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    chalupas - on point
    cheese roll ups - on point

i do only order from the fresco menu (if i go). i can't remember the last time i had fast food!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options

We now have Chipotle in the UK which must be just as bad?

Chipotle is actually better. Their ingredients are always fresh. Now, if you get the burrito loaded with cheese, sour cream etc.. of course it's going to be just as bad as Taco Bell if not worse