I HATE GIRLS!!!! They are soooo mean!

Options

Replies

• sherrydd2
    Options
    should we be discussing this. I think that a professional might be helpful.
  • sherrydd2
    Options
    how r u doing with ur eating? did this situation make u eat more
  • erinjaney
    Options
    You did exactly the right thing. We all need to be held accountable for our hurtful words and actions. There's no shame in standing up for yourself and others. Good job.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    What you did was absolutely right. Any other way would had been wrong. It was not funny at all. If this blogger's followers supports her I think the police got a chain of pedos.

Anyway I agree with sunshine_88. There is nothing sexist or generalization about this post. Its just attention grabbing tittle. Thats all. Geez some people just need to stop making a mountain out of mole hill. :noway:
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'd like to repeat that I'm sorry for the "sexist" comment. I do indeed have female friends and like the female gender, they are not preferred over males when it comes to my sexual orientation, however, I do like hanging out with the more understanding ones.
  • silentnacht
    Options
    Even though I'm a female and I'm sexist against my own sex... It was simply an observation I've made from many years of experience and interactions with my sex. I was making a statistical generalization (which is all statistical conclusions we use in academia) about the sample I've encountered. I'm sorry if I've offended you... I'm quickly learning you can't please them all :-)

I just think that everyone should be more aware of the generalizations they make, especially those that involve race/gender/etc. People of all genders are mean, so why single out girls even when the specific person who hurt you this time is one? I didn't point it out to make you feel bad or anything, I just thought it was something you (and everyone else) should be aware of. :smile:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    should we be discussing this. I think that a professional might be helpful.

It is just a rant. Relax.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    First, you're very sweet and props to you for caring enough to message her about it. The world needs more people like you! Second, you got trolled. If you're referring to the screen cap of that question asked on yahoo answers, the person who asked that made it up as a joke. People post crap like this all the time on yahoo answers to get a rise out of people. She made fun of you because you took it seriously.
  • ColeyBear08
    Options

I'm confused about this post... can anyone explain it to me please???
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Her reply was out of pure embarassment at being caught doing something distasteful and then being called out on it. Be proud that you had the courage to tell her how you feel and move on. As much as we want to, we can't fix everyone. Hopefully she will ponder your statement when she is done being embarassed and change her tune.

Insightful and well stated. :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    That's disgusting. You did the right thing in letting that moron know that her actions were wrong, especially when it comes to children being molested. The fact that she trolled you in front of her parasites was just, well, pathetic.
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    First, you're very sweet and props to you for caring enough to message her about it. The world needs more people like you! Second, you got trolled. If you're referring to the screen cap of that question asked on yahoo answers, the person who asked that made it up as a joke. People post crap like this all the time on yahoo answers to get a rise out of people. She made fun of you because you took it seriously.

Whether or not I took it seriously was irrelevant (which I did suspect it was fake). The fact that it's made up proves my point that this type of thing shouldn't be taken lightly.
  • ashleygeex26
    ashleygeex26 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You did the absolute right thing speaking up! I live in PA (Philly to be exact) and he PSU debacle has flipped this state upside down, so I understand your feelings of wanting to stick up for the issue. I'm proud of you! Girls can be vicious, but I really think it's because they're trying to deal with things they aren't happy with within themselves.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I'm confused about this post... can anyone explain it to me please???

I think they mean that sometimes when we are stressed, we eat differently. This is MyFitnessPal, maybe they're trying to be a supportive pal? Just my guess.
  • vilyli6
    vilyli6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any person reading your response to her that she posted who has a decent moral bone in their body would take your side on this. Child molestation is not and should not be posted in any way as being humorous. Only sick people would tolerate it and think there is anything funny about it. You did what you believed in as morally right, and for that you should be proud. You did not overreact. You stood up for a child.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I might get hate for this, but if it's the one with the 'kid' talking about male member measuring day, you'll find it's actually a fairly old internet joke, also known as a meme (pronunced meem, like scene), originating from that wonderfully strange place known as 4chan. A lot of people know this is an old joke regarding stirring up strong emotions about molestation (also known as trolling for something), so they spread it as funny.

Other people, whether or not they know the origin of this, if they find it on a place called funnysomething . com, will assume it's humorous, and safe to joke about. If they don't know it is a joke, it also has humorous elements in the extremely oblivious poster with the very obvious answer.

(I do not advocate this sort of thing nor this kind of joke, personally)
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    She sounds like a bum biscuit
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You were right to speak up! There will always be people who criticize those who do the right thing. They are the ones with the problem. I'm sure their were people on who read that and thought that too! Congrats to you for your courageous stand.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Her reply was out of pure embarassment at being caught doing something distasteful and then being called out on it. Be proud that you had the courage to tell her how you feel and move on. As much as we want to, we can't fix everyone. Hopefully she will ponder your statement when she is done being embarassed and change her tune.

^^like^^
    well said!!

Seconded!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It's great you said something. Maybe, it will make her think twice before joking about it again, and you've probably saved someone who's been abused from having to hear her make fun or light of the situation in the future.