Jillian Michael's 30DS Question

Options
I am on day 6 of Level 1. I still get my heartrate up and get a good workout, however I am no longer sore in the morning. Is it time to bump it up to Level 2 or should I wait until the 16th and switch it (the 16th will be my 10th day) ?

Replies

• anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You could always just try level two, just because your not sore doesnt mean it isnt working. I bumped up to level 2 when I saw I wasnt burning calories the way i was when i first started. I actually like level 2 more! How are yo on the moves in level one? Can you do them all?
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will be on Day 9 today and I am no longer sore either, but I'm gonna stay on Level 1 for the 10 days. I was wondering the same thing
  • velmore1
    Options
    Im on day six and feel the same way... however I am staying on level one for a few more days, I just dont think my endurance is up enough yet to move to level two... but if you do bump it up let me know how is goes!
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would stay on level 1....you don't have to be sore to be getting benefits of a workout.
  • gwennypink
    Options
    Are you still sore while you are actually doing the workout? My muscles were super sore at all times for the first 4-5 days and then that went away, but they are still pretty sore each time that I do the workout. I just finished a consecutive day 10, and I used the full 10 days to finish level 1 before advancing. I'll be starting level 2 today. If you feel like the workout is getting too easy, and you're moving through the circuits without too much difficulty, then I would say it would probably be safe to move to the next level. But everyone is different, and you know your own body and what you can handle. Hope this helps a little!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Hey guys..

Just because you're not sore, doesn't mean this isn't working. Keep at it and if anything make sure you can do all the moves properly with good form. Being sore isn't an indication of how hard you're working. Keep at it for the full 10 days and then move on like it suggests. You don't want to be disappointed with the results because you were impatient.

I know its hard doing the same thing everyday for 10 days - but it'll pay off :)

KEEP IT UP
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I moved to level two after 6 days, partially because I wasn't sore the next day anymore, but I was also getting bored. I do like level 2 much better than level 1.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i'm only sore for the first 1-2 days after starting a new workout. And I continue to do the workout! It doesn't mean that it's not working. I would just do the workout as recommened or move up if you aren't feeling challenged anymore. Don't go by if your muscles are sore! :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If you feel you are ready, then move on.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Do you all do the days straight in a row? Do you not take a day off? Just wondering I am on day 5 today so I was curious.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think you are ready to move up if you can get through the workout with it starting to feel a bit easy. If you're still struggling to finish the sets, then stay at level 1. If you are cruising on through and don't feel like you're getting a workout, then move to level 2. I've done 30DS and now RI30 and 6W6P and I'm never sore after the first day or two. I don't feel ready to move on to the next level though - as I gasp for breath and swear at Jillian during all her awful plank based cardio moves :smile:
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I only have day 10 left on level one! Yay! What I've started doing the last few times is up the intensity. Doing my pushups on my toes, I got heavier weights, and tried to go lower on the moves like the girl on the left. Trust me, do all that, and you will be hurting and sweating again!!
  • shantastic1
    shantastic1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way so on the 7th day so I started the second level. It's brutal!! Yesterday I did day 3 of Level 2... my arms and shoulders are KILLING!!

I've been shredding for the wedding and my arms are suggesting maybe I should quit and just buy a shawl LOL!! :0
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I can do most of the moves. The only one I have issues with is the static lunge, I can do it, I just struggle getting in the entire amount. I took one day off because I literally was limping and my legs were locking up when I walked lol, the next day I went back at it and my legs felt a lot better, though for 3 days they were killing me. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical 4 nights a week too on top of this. I want to get the best results possible because in a little over 30 days I will be attending my fiance's Navy RTC Graduation, that's why I am so anxious :D
  • mrspetrosian
    mrspetrosian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't judge soreness or lack thereof as a reason to move on. I would move on to level 2 when I can completely master every exercise on Level 1, am bored with level 1, and am ready for a challenge.

I've done the 30DS before (before I got pregnant) and I love Level 2. It was hard for me so I kept doing it because there were a few exercises that I never quite mastered!

Now I just started the DVD again :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think you are ready to move up if you can get through the workout with it starting to feel a bit easy. If you're still struggling to finish the sets, then stay at level 1. If you are cruising on through and don't feel like you're getting a workout, then move to level 2. I've done 30DS and now RI30 and 6W6P and I'm never sore after the first day or two. I don't feel ready to move on to the next level though - as I gasp for breath and swear at Jillian during all her awful plank based cardio moves :smile:

^^^ Agree.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I can do most of the moves. The only one I have issues with is the static lunge, I can do it, I just struggle getting in the entire amount. I took one day off because I literally was limping and my legs were locking up when I walked lol, the next day I went back at it and my legs felt a lot better, though for 3 days they were killing me. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical 4 nights a week too on top of this. I want to get the best results possible because in a little over 30 days I will be attending my fiance's Navy RTC Graduation, that's why I am so anxious :D

Are you never taking a day off? Your body only regenerates when at rest... so you really need to keep your body at least a day off. That's why I believe in rotation of exercises. For example, if you do 30DS every OTHER day, on the non-30DS days, do something else... but really, really you need at least a day a week where you go easy on yourself ... just do a relaxing walk (it can be a long walk, but don't try to kill yourself) or some yoga or whatever it is you like, but that isn't overly stressful on your body.