How many times do you work out?

Options

Replies

• SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I work out for an hour, three times per week, I use the treadmill.

I will be using my cycle to go to and from work as the weather improves, so that will be more exercise to add on, as that will be a total of 40 mins cycling per day.

Should be good for the old butt!!

Omg this is exactly what i do! :glasses: the bike has been away for about 6 weeks now, will be coming out again soon.

x
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    four to six times a week. i aim for 2-3 strength days, and 2-3 cardio days a week, all on alternating days, i.e. no strength training on consecutive days.

remember, muscle builds on your rest days.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do cardio at the gym 5-7 days a week for 35-45 minutes. 3-4 days a week I add in some strength training after my cardio. On the weekends, I do a 2 mile power walk or a 2 mile hike with my dogs in addition to my cardio at the gym and any other activities I might have going on.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    3 TRX training classes per week plus running 4-5 times per week.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i aim for 6 days. 60min of walk/jog/run whatever, 6 days of kettlebells.. Sometimes life gets in the way.. it is what it is!
  • Pughey
    Pughey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the gym that I go to but I need to vary things to stop myself getting bored. I go to Zumba twice a week, Total Tone once, swimming once, and to the actual gym area once or twice a week where I use an Arc trainer and the resistance machines.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Cardio 5-6 days a week with strength on those days alternating lower and upper... Thinking of throwing some water jogging into the mix along with a spin class or two
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I just started back my diet/exercise/lifestyle change last week, but I am doing, 30 minutes on the treadmill 6 days a week. I usually take Sunday off. I'll work up to 60 minutes eventually. :)
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I generally work out 7 days a week, with one day being stretching and flexibility. I work out for a minimum of 90 minutes a day. I average about 13 hours a week.

* Sundays-Endurance Spin ( 2 hour spin class)
    * Monday-Arc Trainer and yoga (in a.m.)/P90X (p.m.)
    *Tuesdays-Spin 60 minutes/Run 30 minutes
    *Wednesdays-Insanity workout/yoga (a.m)
    *Thursdays-Spin/yoga (a.m.)/P90X (p.m.)
    *Fridays-Whatever I feel like doing that day-usually an Insanity workout/yoga
    *Saturdays-Whatever I feel like doing--usually something pretty light because Sundays are hard/yoga
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    MWF: 50-60min of weights, 20-30min core, 20min stretch.
    TR: 30-35min elliptical, 15-20min bike, 20-30min core, 30+ min stretch.
    R: 90min pole class (after the hour practice), includes core and upper body conditioning, stretching, and of course dancing.

MRU: 60min pole practice (don't always make all of these, but make most of them).
    T or S: Hour extra pole class, generally with a focus on cardio rather than tricks.

I also walk about a mile commuting to and from work 3-4 days a week.

* R = Thursday, U = Sunday.
  • vidDa1989
    vidDa1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 to 6 days a week for about 60 minutes with 2x1 minute breaks. :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    2 times a day everyday(when i am feeling rather energtic 3 times oh yeh baby x)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find the energy to workout 6 days a week! what do you do when your low on energy??

If I'm really wiped out, I skip it, or I do a shortened workout. But I workout after work on weekdays so I always have a snack that includes protein and carbs about around 4:00 so I'll have energy for it (usually almonds and either a Kashi bar or apple). And on the weekends I workout in morning.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    5 x a week Mon-Fri
    30-90 minutes each time
    Weekends are rest days :smile:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 times a week. Varying..
    3x Strength Training
    6x Running (3xshort,2xmedium,1xlong)
    2xCycling

Once I get closer to race season I'll start adding my swimming back in and start cutting out the strength training due to time.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday...but only about 30 mins....I know thats not great but I seem to get light headed after that for some reason. I am sure that is cause I am so over weight and I am hoping that with time I can push harder...I am going to try to up it to 45 this week :)
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week for half an hour, cycle 4 days a week & do a lot of walking
  • NettyB62
    Options
    I am working out 5 days/week. On Mon/Wed/Fri I do 1 hour of cardio which for me is 30 min on the treadmill and 30 min on the elliptical. On Tues & Thurs I do a weight/strength training program on a circuit. I go through it twice..burns 600 calories.

I work the week ends, so on Sat I do some light yoga mostly for the stretching (feels so good). And on Sunday maybe a bit of walking outside..just to keep moving a bit. On the weekends I don't worry so much about working out hard. I give my body a break.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training and Zumba 4-5 times a week.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, a mile or more and eat my recommended calories