What's the story behing your username?

Options

Replies

• Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I first got TiVo, my friends started jumping on the bandwagon, too. Soon, there was this colony of TiVo zombies in class, all bleary-eyed and dazed from staying up too late watching all the shows TiVo recorded for them. It reminded me of this really bad video game back in the '80's called, "Zombies Ate My Neighbors." But TiVo ate mine and made them zombies, so that's where the username comes from.
  • ameelah
    ameelah Posts: 12
    Options
    My name is Amira (it means princess in Arabic).. my grandma is Chinese and can't pronounce the r, so she would say 'AMEEEELAAAAAAH!!!'
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    Mmm, pork rinds :smile:
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    its my name,just that and nothing else.
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    I love dragonflies and my biological last name is Bird. My use name for years has been dragonflykiss...but that one became unavailable on sites, so I decided to combine my love of dragonflies with my last name.

My love for dragonflies comes from a long long story though. To make it very short, there is a an old fable told to little children about how a darner fly will come and sew the mouths of little boys who tell lies. I took that concept and wrote a poem about a girl who could not speak; she had dragonflies fluttering around in her stomach and chest which were also secrets and she had her lips invisibly sewn together. This way she could not speak of her secrets, but she was desperate to have her secrets come out.

That is how my user name came to be.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have lost 137 pounds and still working toward goal. I am finally and hopefully forever in Onederland!!!! I hope to never see the 200's or 300's ever again!! =) So, I chose 1derwmn for my username to remind myself that I am a strong woman and I will stay in the 100's from now on.

That is an amazing story!! Congrats on your success's. Keep up the good work.. and very suiting username!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm from Idaho, and I am a dreamer (Idaho - id, Dreamer - dreams = iddreams). I use it alot, and thinking about changing it, but don't know what to.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My name is from the World World 2 allied evacuation of Dunkirk, France. It was code named Operation Dynamo and was an awesome rescue.
  • Kaspur
    Kaspur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine is a nickname my friends in school gave me, i guess they could never hear me coming from behind them. So its like casper the ghost only spelled differently.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    At first I wanted to go with something that describes me at the start of my weight loss journey, like FatAndFatigued . lol But then I though, NO WAY! Why would I pick a user name that describes something I don't like about me. You are what you say you are! I don't want to doom myself to fail by calling myself Fat and Fatigued. So I decided to give myself a name that signifies what I am aiming for, what I'm journeying toward. I'm Stacy, and on my way to Skinny. StacySkinny! That's who I am in my mind, and that's who I will be once my body catches up to my brain. lol
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I love dragonflies and my biological last name is Bird. My use name for years has been dragonflykiss...but that one became unavailable on sites, so I decided to combine my love of dragonflies with my last name.

My love for dragonflies comes from a long long story though. To make it very short, there is a an old fable told to little children about how a darner fly will come and sew the mouths of little boys who tell lies. I took that concept and wrote a poem about a girl who could not speak; she had dragonflies fluttering around in her stomach and chest which were also secrets and she had her lips invisibly sewn together. This way she could not speak of her secrets, but she was desperate to have her secrets come out.

That is how my user name came to be.

That poem sounds amazing! You have such a wonderful imagination. The whole concept of that poem just grabbed me and held on. I really would love to read it. Are you a writer? :)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    When I first got TiVo, my friends started jumping on the bandwagon, too. Soon, there was this colony of TiVo zombies in class, all bleary-eyed and dazed from staying up too late watching all the shows TiVo recorded for them. It reminded me of this really bad video game back in the '80's called, "Zombies Ate My Neighbors." But TiVo ate mine and made them zombies, so that's where the username comes from.

ROFL! Too funny!
  • loserforlife
    Options
    I want this weight to be gone for life. Thus I will be a loser for life.:laugh: :love: :blushing: :yawn: :frown: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    Mine is my conventional astrological sign (Aries) along with my chinese astrological sign (Ox)... and people wonder why I'm stubborn...
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    its just my name
  • TyneeKitty
    Options
    my name (with an extra 'e' to play on the height thing, Tiny!) and i dress like a cat sometimes
  • tausha_k
    Options
    I am slow like Turtle, that eats tin cans!! :laugh:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My Bff calls me Tinkerbell, I've got kids and then my initials(so my name from my mom and mine from my husband). So my screen name covers all the important names I have!
  • jeerzree
    Options
    I'm from Jersey and growing up everyone called me ReeRee. Jeerzree.......... :)
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My hair type and my nickname. :-)