How often do you "check-in" on MFP?

Options
I'm sure this has been asked before but I thought I'd ask it again just to get a feel for what others do.

How often do you "check-in" on MFP, as in update your weight/tickers. Every week? Once a month? Everytime you show a loss? If you update when you show a loss what about if you go back up slightly for one or two days?

Thanks!

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it.
  • texancountess
    Options
    I wait until I've shown a loss and maintain it for a few days. I typically only update my weight ticker on Mondays, because if I'm still at a lower weight after the weekend then it's most likely here to stay. I also don't update for every half pound down. If I go back up, I just leave the ticker alone until I've dropped the weight off again.
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I check in NO less than once a week, try to keep it to JUST once a week. I was supposed to check in this morning actually and forgot to weight! I only do my measurements about once a month. As for MFP, I'm on all day every day it seems! lmao But I do have to admit I record my good and bad weights! Even if I go up I record. I want to be accountable for all I do and I want to make myself DO IT RIGHT!!! HONESTLY!!!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I check my weight whenever I work out because it's part of the Wii's Body Check. So far, I've updated my ticker each time but that may be because it's all still new and exciting. Haha. I'll probably slow down and only update it once a week or if I've lost a kilo or more. We'll see.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I check-in when I've lost and maintained that loss for a few days.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I shoot for daily.

JM
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Every Friday unless I'm out of town or something...
  • sarabell619
    Options
    Every Friday morning, right after I wake up. I try to maintain that consistency so I can get a fairly accurate weight each time. =]
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    To be honest I really really try to only check in my weight once a week, buttttttt having said that, I am a scale *kitten*, I check my weight EVERY morning. If I get all excited about losing a certain amount before my weekly weigh-in then I cant resist, I have to check in with it!! Now, measurements are a bit different. I only measure once a month. Everyone is different, do what makes you happy!!
  • jhutch2011
    jhutch2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once a week...and I record no matter how much up or down.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Generally on Thursdays, which seems to be the best day for weighing! And I never post increases.......only when I lose.

It's very motivating to see that number go down, bit by bit :happy: :happy:
  • boxerdogorama
    boxerdogorama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I update my weight every day, mainly because it keeps me accountable. I am always on the website or app, checking out different things, and seeing what my friends are doing.
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I check in once a week because I am a part of a group that does weigh-ins. It is okay to post when you gain weight. Makes you push to get back to where you were for the next week! That is how i feel!
  • Harper0618
    Harper0618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I check in every Monday :)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    What I THINK: the best would be to "check-in" your weight once a week - of course, weighing yourself at the same time each week and recording losses or gains.
    What I DO: weigh myself often and check-in everytime I have a loss because I'm just so excited to see that ticker move!

I "check-in" my measurements whenever I hit one of my mini-goals (basically every 10 lbs).
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but record weekly on Thursdays. I measure weekly too!!! It's amazing I've already lost 2" in my waist. I know that was all bloat and the loss is due to all of the H2O I drink now - but wow what an ego boost to see that go because of the healthy decisions I'm making. Confirms that my pants really do fit better.
  • LilMermaid6411
    Options
    I just started, but I plan on updating it every Saturday morning. I also check in with measurements too since those are more accurate than a scale. But, since I just inputted my measurements last week I'm unsure of how MFP tracks it. I have been getting on the scale more than once a week and I really need to stop because it's playing mind games with me. The numbers erase the fact that I've lost 5 inches overall already.
  • laura789a
    laura789a Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a tuesday evening and update my ticker straight away :-)
  • ginandtonica
    ginandtonica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Every time I have a loss. My body's tendency is to lose, then bounce up a few lbs, then even out, then lose again, so I record those losses when they happen to keep me motivated! I will post a gain when it becomes evident that it isn't a "bounce". have to own those, too!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I do it about every Wednesday morning for my once a week weigh in.