True Life: I'm a Chubby Chaser

Options
Marig0ld
Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
Did anyone see this on MTV last night? I indulge in mindless television every now and then, so this piqued my curiosity. :blushing:

One of the couples featured was two gay males in a relationship, which I thought provided a unique perspective. A smaller guy was dating a guy who was about 330 pounds because he was into "bears." I didn't think there was anything too shocking about that story, but the next one made me shake my head...

This guy (heterosexual) felt that skinny women came with "too much drama" and that he wanted to date big girls because he didn't want to worry about other men hitting on them. Yes, I had to rewind that a couple times (thank goodness for DVR)! He also said "pretty girls came with too many problems." Ok, so pretty girls can't be overweight? Maybe I was reading too much into that, but it seemed rather offensive. :huh:

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I saw that on my guide and decided to skip it because I just new it would piss me off.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    TV gets more stupid by the day.
  • flawedandfabulous
    Options
    It is the eternal fatal flaw of society big girls can't be pretty nor would anyone possibly be interested in them. Which is why so many women use fod as an emotional protector because they believe all that nonsense.
  • andreacord
    Options
    TV gets more stupid by the day.

Word.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Big girls can be sexy! This obese girl said so!!! And I agree tv is getting so dumb!
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    That is truly offensive! For both smaller and larger women! How can he automatically say that smaller women will cause trouble or that larger women aren't going to get hit on and are easier to date? Shallow, shallow, shallow. And ridiculous.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Big girls can be sexy! This obese girl said so!!! And I agree tv is getting so dumb!

@MelMoly - You are so pretty. You look like a doll.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    I like the title of the topic (how you doin'?)!

I believe that mental problems occur across all social spectra. Most of the personal issues weight creates arise from our very own society and our apparent idolatry of models who in reality are unhealthily under-weight.

I personally find myself attracted to people with a good, positive outlook in life, people who are friendly, show self development and awareness and have a level of confidence well bellow arrogance. Weight is truly irrelevant (in my opinion) at determining the attractiveness, sexiness and compatibility of a person; after all, isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder?
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't take any show on MTV serious... I mean it's MTV.

and what the hell happened to all the "MUSIC" ?
    :ohwell:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    "pretty girls came with too many problems."

I know right?

28039128-1ebc-4561-a9de-b565697f95c3.jpg
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the show, but considering the topic, I'm guessing the guy just didn't have the vocabulary necessary to fully describe his opinion. The word "pretty" can mean a lot of different things.

Unless you were considering dating the guy, I wouldn't worry about what a dude on MTV has to say.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see this on MTV last night? I indulge in mindless television every now and then, so this piqued my curiosity. :blushing:

One of the couples featured was two gay males in a relationship, which I thought provided a unique perspective. A smaller guy was dating a guy who was about 330 pounds because he was into "bears." I didn't think there was anything too shocking about that story, but the next one made me shake my head...

This guy (heterosexual) felt that skinny women came with "too much drama" and that he wanted to date big girls because he didn't want to worry about other men hitting on them. Yes, I had to rewind that a couple times (thank goodness for DVR)! He also said "pretty girls came with too many problems." Ok, so pretty girls can't be overweight? Maybe I was reading too much into that, but it seemed rather offensive. :huh:

What are your thoughts?

LOL @ you trying to make sense of his logic
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    wow, he said that on public Television, he is not getting laid for a very long time!!!
    I think big girls and slim girls are both very beautiful and sexy. It is all in the attitude and they way they love them selves :love:

Also as an ex big girl, you have to appreciate those chubby chasers, the ones who are actually attracted to beautiful women who happen to be chubby, not settling like that $hithead!!
  • RubysMama23
    RubysMama23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a "big girl" and I come with PLENTY of drama. Lol. Dude's got it messed up. :grumble:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I saw that episode last night! And to be honest that's the MAIN reason why I'm not dating anyone right now I'm not comfortable with my weight at all and men who want to date me now just want to bang me or they're with me because they dont like skinny girls I feel like a experiment with men so I'm laying low until I reach my goal weight.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I don't take any show on MTV serious... I mean it's MTV.

and what the hell happened to all the "MUSIC" ?
    :ohwell:

^^^^ This. I gave up on that channel years ago. I mean, Jersy Shore? Really? Is Hollywood THAT desperate for ideas that this pilot seemed worthy to air?
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    And pretty girls come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, heck ... even blue ones are hawt!
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is the eternal fatal flaw of society big girls can't be pretty nor would anyone possibly be interested in them. Which is why so many women use fod as an emotional protector because they believe all that nonsense.

Well said! I personally dont find skinny men attractive! Not because of any different attitude they have but its not my "type". Whatever works for peopl however twisted!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    And pretty girls come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, heck ... even blue ones are hawt!

^^^smurf chaser^^^
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I watched it and thought it was funny. Who cares what the guy said its just TV. Whats funny is when me and my hubby were watching it I told him 10 to 1 I would see a topic on it today.