What do you do to stay awake during meetings?

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
I have meeting upon meeting some days and if I'm not charged with speaking during the meeting I tend to start dropping off. It's only been obvious once, but it's terribly embarrassing. Last few meetings I've taken coffee and got no help. Sometimes I blurt out something that's hopefully on topic to try to wake myself up as talking seems to help. So . . . what are your tricks to stay awake and alert during that long arduous meeting or training session?

Replies

• Chaosdrone
    Options
    meetings stab yourself in the hand
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I literally pinch myself.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Thumbtack in the shoe, the "sciatica" excuse so you can stand in the back of the room, random hair pulling and drink enough fluids that you are VERY uncomfortable.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Decide who would play each of the attendees in the movie of their lives. There's usually at least one Kevin Bacon.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    I get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I doodle.
    On my note pat I draw little doodles, usually a line of each type. So, I draw a row of snails, next line a row of cats, then tea cups, etc. I have a large variety of little figures I draw and it looks like I am taking notes.
    I think writing little poems is fun too or haiku.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Stand up
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Decide who would play each of the attendees in the movie of their lives. There's usually at least one Kevin Bacon.

Bwaaa haaa haaa haaa haaa. LOVE this.

I have no suggestions of my own -- I do the same thing myself. I tend to.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...now what were we saying??