That guilty feeling

Options
I really wanted a jam doughnut that was lying here so I ate it and now I feel awful about it and feel that that one doughnut would have jeopardised my weight loss for the whole week. I go for a 20-30 minute run every night so I know it isn't realistically true what I am thinking but I hate that guilty feeling.

I allow myself 1 "treat" per day and I had already had a small bag of minstrels so now I feel like I have cheated. My carbs are now over and I hate the way this feels. How do you have a treat you want without feeling bad about it?

Replies

• sg9872002
    Options
    Do another half hour of exercise and remember not to deprive yourself. The key to weight loss is to a balanced diet and if you feel you have cheated add another exercise to your routine to make up for it. Don't cut anything out of your diet just do portion control. If you cut stuff out your more likely to fall off the wagon and say it isn't working. Keep at it you will get there
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The most important thing right now is to not let it send you on a spiral. You had one doughnut. That's it. One. No big deal. You can make that up with exercise in 20 extra minutes. What you don't want to do is slip into the mindset of "well, I had one and I'm already over on carbs, so I may as well eat the whole box." Drink some water, recommit to your healthy goals, smile at the indulgence you enjoyed, and move on with your journey forward.