Replies

• DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mdlco1
    mdlco1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I cook all my meals on Sunday. That way I already have it ready and I wont stray away from my goal because it's already there ready for me.
    Morning I drinking a protein shake with instant coffee and Almond milk
    AM Snack Granny Smith Apple
    Lunch 4 oz ground turkey, 1/2 cup each of saute in water kale, sweet potato, seasoned onions & garlic, Then you can get different Mrs. Dash seasoning to mix the taste up.
    PM Snack 5 egg whites with 1 pkg of guac. 100 cal pack.
  • lorification
    lorification Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I often eat a salad because it doesn't make me feel too full and sleepy after lunch. Here's a great way to start making salads:

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/12/14/how-to-make-a-delicious-400-calorie-salad

Regarding what to do with lettuce to keep it from going bad - I leave the lettuce on the bunch until I'm actually preparing the salad. Then I wash it and air dry it a bit before making the salad. There are plenty of tips online on how to store salad in the fridge to prevent it from going bad, so look into these if you plan to prepare ahead.
  • kkm2605
    kkm2605 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make all our lunches (we're a family of 4) right after dinner... I am already in the kitchen and then there is one clean up to do after (dishes, etc..)
    On Sundays, I prepare soups and meals for the week - I did post a cabbage soup recipe which is really awesome!

I just posted a cabbage soup recipe, too! Can I have yours?

Here you are dear:

6 shallots
    2 green peppers (diced)
    1 28 oz.can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
    3 carrots diced
    1 whole bunch celery (diced)
    1 head of cabbage (diced)
    2 tbsp chicken soup base
    1 48oz can low sodium tomatoe juice
    2 tsp basil, 2 tsp oregano and 1 tsp black pepper
    8 cups water

saute the shallots in the bottom of a large pot (with Pam cooking spray) until they are clear. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender.
  • KrisK31
    KrisK31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the 5-Factor Diet book a couple years ago and it's my go to for quick and easy meals. 5 ingredients or less per recipe and 5 min prep.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have a basic salad that I make every day - and then I add protein - mostly from whatever I cooked the night before (chicken, steak, shrimp) - or eggs, can of tuna, some ham.....

Oh - and I also keep a bit of my vegetables from the night before to add to the salad....

I pack everything for the salad the night before - so just have to take all the little bits to work and put it all together on the day....

Here is an example of what my salad would look like - and the ingredients:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/recipe-beef-and-cauliflower-salad-135321

Looks great !