Need support group/motivational buddy!

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new here and really would like to be part of some sort of support group on the forums, I don't even know where to begin or anything. I'm currently 295 lbs and would like to lose 160-170 total. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Ari

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and really would like to be part of some sort of support group on the forums, I don't even know where to begin or anything. I'm currently 295 lbs and would like to lose 160-170 total. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Ari

Hi Ari!

You and I are at the same current weight. I belong to "the over 300 club" under the motivation and support board. I'd highly recommend joining us....even though you're under already, they're a great bunch and very supportive..its been very helpful to me.

Hope this helps and good luck on your journey!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi Ari, I am part of an "over 200 club" and "Halfers club" Halfers is for those of us who need to lose half our weight to get to our goal. I will add the links to these groups they are both open groups. By the way welcome and I am glad you are here:flowerforyou:

Both are very good groups. We are in simular situations with the amount of weight we want to lose and I am also a sahm with 4 children

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50881-over-200-club-week-7-open-group?page=6#posts-616883

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/52950-the-halfers-club-for-those-needing-to-lose-half-or-more-of?page=2#posts-618005
  • conmonja
    conmonja Posts: 28
    Options
    i am new here too. i had lapband surgery last monday. i am going to go weight in today.i go to a support group twice amonth for lapband. i started at 276 last monday and want to get to 160 or so..i am 72 years old and had 7 childen and 7 adopted kids. i did this for health reasons not to look like barbie. i know is faster then normal .
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Thanks guys for such quick responses, I'll definitely check out the groups =)
  • KimberlyKurtz
    KimberlyKurtz Posts: 287
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step and joining. This site is great! I started 3 weeks ago and have found that the support and information has kept me going. You can do it!!!