cheater, cheater pumpkin eater!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristy4022
    Kristy4022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I personally use cheat days if there is some opportunity arises like my family is going out to my favorite restaurant..etc. I may not be the best influence but my sister who lost about 35 pounds over the past year would only have one day of the year she would binge which was Christmas. Other than that, if she made a bad move, she would have to work it off. Her trainer would weigh her after each time she might have binged (holiday, big drinking weekend etc.), and if she was significantly higher than he would just work her harder. I think that is the best way to see good results. Just work off what you may have eaten and it won't be cheating.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't believe anything I do is "cheating", as my goal is to eat healthier and become as healthy as I can be and to come up with an eating plan I can live with. Everything and everything in moderation. I won't diet because I know that the minute the diet stops, I'll regain the weight. I'm just training myself to make better choices for me so that I can live longer and feel better and just plain have more fun.

I do have days where I know I'm going to go over calories. Typically, large family gatherings like picnics, Thanksgiving, birthdays, Christmas. On those days, I eat moderate portions and reasonable deserts. I log everything, but I don't stress over the calories.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have a "free day" or a "cheat meal"??? if so how often or what is it???

i haven't decided what I am going to do about this.....because I know the day will come when i will crumble in the face of food!!!!!! ;)
    I have a weekly cheat day where I go 1000 over maintenance, and a monthly binge day where I eat like a government mule for 24 hours - LOVE IT!

LOL! I love that line, eat like a government mule.
  • shaymous
    Options
    I have one "cheat" MEAL per week... but I'm not going to take one until end of the month for my bday... we're all going out to karaoke/drinks because my brother in law is back from war so.... celebrate good times.... COME ON!

That sounds like fun :) happy birthday in advance. And thank your brother for me :) my husband is armY :)
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I usually allow myself one cheat meal per week. this is good for when an unexpected social gathering comes up(with really good food), or when i just really want some pizza or something. sometimes i go more or less than 7 days to cheat for one meal. it just depends on what comes up or if im really craving something
  • shaymous
    Options
    ****** after a few posts i have realized i use the wrong word, please don't get hung up on the word "cheat"! i was not meaning it in a negative way this time; I am curious of what you guys do for this******** THANKS :D
  • shaymous
    Options
    I usually allow myself one cheat meal per week. this is good for when an unexpected social gathering comes up(with really good food), or when i just really want some pizza or something. sometimes i go more or less than 7 days to cheat for one meal. it just depends on what comes up or if im really craving something

sounds like a good plan to me :)
  • cheezit355
    cheezit355 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same. Seems like I would do better knowing there is one day a week or every 2 weeks to eat 1 meal what i want. I went last week the el rancho but I took my daughter and we split one meal.