Try try try!!! So here I am!

Options
Hi, I'm a 43 year old wife, mom and mother of three young kids. I have been working out at least 3 times per week or more at the gym for 6 months now, I discovered Zumba which I love. My problem, I am having a hard time getting the diet and excersise piece together. I am proud of myself for getting to the gym but I have about 50lbs to lose and I am having a hard time getting the scale to go in the right direction. I find that I am starving after I work out so WW doesn't work well for me. Any help or suggestions would be most welcome! Leah :)

Replies

• expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    I eat lots of fruit and veggies, high protein, high fiber, and follow the calorie info that this website suggests. Its hard at first but you will find that when you go to the store you will become more aware of what you are buying because you want to eat more. Hope this helps and good luck
  • harvick29
    harvick29 Posts: 14
    Options
    You need something to eat after your workout, carrots or an apple. If your feeling that hungry after a workout then I don't think your'e eating enough. That was my problem in the past, I had a strict calorie count of 1200 calories, but it wasn't until someone told me to up the count to 1400, using that extra 200 after my workout that the weight started coming off. Also if you don't see any movement on the scale, stop using it for awhile, instead use a tape measure and be happy for every inch that comes off. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may be exchanging the two and the scale either won't budge or it may rise a little. Most important, don't give up.:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck to you! WElcome to the MFP Family :flowerforyou: