Options
Saw this floating around Facebook, had to post and see what everyone thought

320805_10150360666390922_667385921_8395729_1793162587_n.jpeg

Replies

• For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1 it's CA who puts warning labels on anything and everything
    2 it's the same thing that happens if I brown potatoes at home it's not something that only happens at McDonald's
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Does that mean I can smoke a cigar in there now? if so.. McD's for dinner tonight!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    Context and dosage goes along way. It's basically created through the malliard reaction of foods (browning, caramalization) This particular fear tactic has been around for quite a while........I remember the first time I heard about it, in relation to bacon, then steak etc.......
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It popped up all over my newsfeed on Facebook b/c of the pages I "Like" on there and the subject title was something someone else put under the pic...thought it was quite the attention grabber

McDonalds tends to start quite the debate on here as well

Personally, I won't even buy iced tea from them anymore (yes, I'm a reformed fast food addict) but that's not because of this, it's just a personal preference a year in the making and I haven't purchased anything from any fast food chain, since October '11
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i stopped eating at McDonalds when they were all out of boy toys. I'm now happy with my girl toys...which are also not sold at McDonalds
  • russellmbrown
    Options
    Alarmist garbage.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    i stopped eating at McDonalds when they were all out of boy toys. I'm now happy with my girl toys...which are also not sold at McDonalds

I heard Michigan has the best ones...:flowerforyou:
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

Not even
  • BecksgotBack
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds-coupons.jpg

I could have easily had this meal and stayed under my calorie count yesterday. Dang
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!

can i come? lunch at mcd's on me
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!

The saddest part is if we met somewhere in the middle, it'd only be like a 2 hr drive for each of us...fail on both our parts...I think when I renew my tags next month, I'm going to ask about that DL Michiganders can get so I can easily go into Canada and back
  • BecksgotBack
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!

in that case I'll have a double quarter pounder with cheese please.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!

in that case I'll have a double quarter pounder with cheese please.

I will refrain from making any faces or remarks if you refrain from doing the same about my bad habit :smokin:
  • BecksgotBack
    Options

ROAD TRIP!!!

The saddest part is if we met somewhere in the middle, it'd only be like a 2 hr drive for each of us...fail on both our parts...I think when I renew my tags next month, I'm going to ask about that DL Michiganders can get so I can easily go into Canada and back

Last time i checked my passport was still valid...it's just the greencard homeland security confiscated. That damn Agent Michael Augustino...he had warm hands.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    Last time i checked my passport was still valid...it's just the greencard homeland security confiscated. That damn Agent Michael Augustino...he had warm hands.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It gets to a point where i think that perhaps it's just that california is dangerous. I mean there are things that will kill you in California that won't kill you anywhere else. Everything causes cancer in california. i remember reading some type of medical periodical while waiting for an appt. one day that was discussing the "fact" that too much sex is known to cause cancer. that memory makes me laugh.

Is Mcdonalds unhealthy?? Absolutely, would never argue it and haven't eaten there is years. But it never fails to remind me of other things? some of my favorites:

Stay on Bridge
    Crush hazard (sticker on the side of a steam roller)
    Do not hold wrong end of chainsaw.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Saw this floating around Facebook, had to post and see what everyone thought

[img]http:www.realkidseatspinach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/320805_10150360666390922_667385921_8395729_1793162587_n.jpeg[/img]

I believe that stems from cooking. So in that context, anything you cook or bbq will be just as bad.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    i remember reading some type of medical periodical while waiting for an appt. one day that was discussing the "fact" that too much sex is known to cause cancer. that memory makes me laugh.

blasphemy!! :sad: :sad:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    McDonald's started shortly after Hitler died.

Coincidence?