Work out music!

Options
I'm looking to refresh my MP3 player for my gym work outs. I'm doing interval training so I need something motivational.

It's weird, but I tend to listen to trashy music when I'm working out. It's not the kind of thing I would normally listen to, but my favourites are:

Nichol Scherzinger
Christina Aguilera
Rihanna

Any other suggestions? The more vacuous and dance-y the better.

Replies

• treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Total guilty pleasures, for the most part. Here's a link to a similar thread that I posted my favorites into a while back. Hope it helps.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/354029-i-need-workout-songs
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of different kinds. I mean, I actually workout to The Beatles And Lennon. LOL

However, there is music I couldn't live without. First is Lady Gaga for me. Perfect beat and inspirational lyrics. Pink music is all very good. Raise You Glass us the best workout song I yet to come across. It is perfectly in tune with my elliptical. :)
    Best workout Lady Gaga songs are, hmmmm, Just Dance, Poker Face, The Fame, Bad Romance, Beautiful Dirty Rich, Edge Of Glory, Marry The Night and Born This Way. There's more but I can think of them. :)

As well as all the music I liked as a kid. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Michael Jackson, etc. LOL
    And some stuff I loved dancing at the club to.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Flo Rida, Pitbull, LMFAO, Ke$ha, Dev, Lady Gaga, Taio Cruz - I like fun, vacuous stuff, too. (basically, anything with a beat)
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite bands are Group 1 Crew & Press Play.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Tiesto - Magikal Journey for cardio.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Check out the track list for Much Dance Mix 95. To me, it's the perfect workout soundtrack.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Billy Jean - Michael Jackson/ #3 on my workout playlist
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Ooo I'm gonna come back on.here for future reference! My absolute favorite is I'm a Machine by David guetta!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    METAL.
    Godsmack, Disturbed, Tool... The louder the better for me :)
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The black-eyed peas have some GREAT work-out beats to listen to during a workout.
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Postcore.
  • CassPerkins
    Options
    I listen to a lot of techno and dance remixes when I work out. It is fast paced so it is easy for me to keep a steady pace with the beat.
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears, Ke$ha, GaGa, the Donna's are among my favorite CD's to listen to the whole way thru ....I also like to throw in some Alien Ant Farm (Smooth Operator), Florence and the Machine (Dog Days are Over), Holding on for a Hero (that song from Flashdance), some Eminem....basically I'm all the board song-wise...just gotta keep me movin!!!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    anything by david guetta
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    LMFAO!!!!!DISTURBED,MISSY ELLIOT ,LADY GAGA!!!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump-

club-like Workout music is my guilty pleasure too..... don't listen to my typical music.

And Agreed, "Raise your glass" is the ultimate pump you up song! love it!

On the flip side, I love "vacation" by the Go-gos- VERY fast pace to kill it when you want to! (once an 80's girl, always an 80's girl.....)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    This is my old work out playlist.. I never really had the time to make a good one, a way to download music. Ha
    Blackout - Breathe Carolina
    I like to Dance - Hot Chelle Rae
    Young Forever - The Ready Set
    Just a little bit - Kids of 88
    Skinny Little ***** - Hole
    Ghost - Fefe Dosbon
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    I got a "101 running songs" c.d of amazon and in process of burning and them to upload on mp3. I was going to download a load of individual tracks but worked out cheaper.

Cannot recommend Fergie - Fergilicious enough and Black Eyed Peas - My humps, great for mod pace in interval training. Cheesy as they are they are good little motivators.

Otherwise get a Ministry of Sound Annual cd from 2005/2006 I used to have one and tracks from round then are such work out electro house.

Ohh and get some DAVID GUETTA albums / mixers. Great treadmill pounders.

ENJOY THE CHEESE xx
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    For cranking out cardio, I like:

Sabotage, So Whatcha Want - Beastie Boys
    Get Me Bodied, Countdown - Beyonce
    How I Roll - Britney Spears
    You Can Do It - Ice Cube
    Touch the Sky - Kanye West
    Green Light - John Legend
    I Do Not Hook Up - Kelly Clarkson
    Monster - Kanye West
    Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson
    Born This Way, Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
    Ray of Light - Madonna
    Shut Up & Drive, S&M, Breakin Dishes - Rhianna
    B.O.B. - Outkast (the GREATEST WORKOUT SONG EVER)
    Riot Rhythm - Sleigh Bells
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    definitely Pitbull, his songs have a great beat. also, anything Timbaland makes is amazing. (and they did one together, Pass at me!). Flo Rida has some good beats, too. Pink is pretty empowering, i just want to run like crazy and pump my fist to Raise Your Glass!