1 butternut squash
    1 chicken sausage
    1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1 cup kale, chopped
    4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
    Olive oil, salt, and pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 400.

2. Slice the neck off of the squash. Set the body aside. Slice the neck of the squash into 1/4-inch pieces (mine made 11 slices.)

3. Place the squash on a baking sheet. Brush a small amount of olive oil on both sides of each squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.

4. Remove the squash from the oven and flip each piece over. Cover each squash with some sausage, cheese, kale, and tomatoes, splitting the ingredients evenly above your squash pieces. Bake for 15 more minutes.

* serves 2
    * about 333 calories per serving

You can make these little pizzas with whatever pizza topping sounds good to you!

IMG_6842.jpg

What a great idea!!!
  • mpena1980
    Options
    going to try this...it sounds good!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    added the newbies!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I may make the chicken recipe... I'm not a squash fan.
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    I'd really like to be added and have asked twice already. However, I am not sure what it means to be added -- does that meant that I would receive notification when there's a post? If it does, I haven't been added, cause I have to keep looking for the Receipie Swap Week message board. Please Please add me!
    Also, what the heckk does BUMP mean?
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'd really like to be added and have asked twice already. However, I am not sure what it means to be added -- does that meant that I would receive notification when there's a post? If it does, I haven't been added, cause I have to keep looking for the Receipie Swap Week message board. Please Please add me!
    Also, what the heckk does BUMP mean?

Being added means that you're added to the rotation of when you get to post a recipe. You actually are going to have to check the swap each week to find the new posts and won't be notified of it, besides a post I make in the current thread with the new link. There are over 100 people in the group and it's impossible for me to alert everyone individually of the new thread.

If you're asked to be added, you have been. :)

People say bump when they want to ensure that the thread shows up in the topics they have commented on, so it's easy to find in the future.
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    Got it! Thanks for the explanation and all the great recipies!! :drinker:
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Please add me, always keen to try something new!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Liz, the squash pizza is AWESOME! I love squash....never thought of this but ....YUM! Thank you :-)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Please add me, always keen to try something new!

Welcome!
    Liz, the squash pizza is AWESOME! I love squash....never thought of this but ....YUM! Thank you :-)

Absolutely! My boyfriend typically hates squash, but this really made is so delicious. I want to make them in so many different varieties. I think it would be delicious with pesto on it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    YUM thanks for sharing ladies. I have made the salsa chicken before and it is delicious. I love squash but never thought of making pizzas like that , I am going to try it. It would be fun to eat so even the kids would probably like it.....:smile:
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump...just keeping up :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Has anyone made either of the dishes?
    How were they?
  • lotsofkisses
    Options
    Can I please be added??? Thanks
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    i haven't yet. I meant to tonight, but my plans got changed. I'll be doing the salsa chicken tomorrow though. I still have to go the store and buy some of the ingredients.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Can I please be added??? Thanks

Welcome!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken

34 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
    16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
    8 oz. of frozen kernel corn
    1 can black beans - rinsed

Put all ingredents in crockpot on low for 6 hrs. 30 minutes from the end of cooking time, take a couple of forks and shred chicken. Serve with baked tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc. (your choice of fixin's).
    Calories will be based on add on toppings.

Exchanges"

Homemade salsa, love the freshness of it! no corn instead of chips I put it in a whole grain tortilla shell. Also added some fresh jalapenos( love spicy) Love mexican food so this one was a no brainer. Thank you so much for the great idea this is a keeper! onto the squash.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    The salsa chicken was awesome! The family really loved it!!

I used reduced sodium black beans and frozen organic corn kernels. Also I used about half as much chicken.