Somebody help me!!

Options
i am new to this. i want to loose weight but i need to no the right foods and exercise i should follow! can anybody help? :) xx

Replies

• onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of easy recipes that might help. Just start and spend some time looking at recipes etc. Best to you and welcome.

Lemon Pork Stir-Fry
    180 Calories

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
    • 1 12-oz pork tenderloin , halved lengthwise, cut crosswise in 1/4-in.-thick slices
    • 2 tsp oil
    • 12 oz baby bok choy, quartered crosswise
    • 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
    • 1 cup shredded carrots
    • 2 Tbsp each stir-fry sauce and water
    • 1 tsp grated lemon zest
    • 1 Tbsp lemon juice

PREPARATION
    1. Sprinkle cornstarch over pork; toss until coated. Heat 1 1/2 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet . Add pork; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through. Remove.

2. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add bok choy, pepper and carrots; stir-fry 4 minutes until crisp-tender.

3. Add pork and remaining ingredients; toss until hot.

All-Wrapped-Up Salad
    Makes: 2 servings
    Prep: 20 minutes
    Chill: up to 6 hours

248 Calories

Ingredients
    • 2 8-inch whole grain, whole wheat, or flour tortillas
    • 3/4 cup shredded romaine and/or fresh spinach
    • 1/2 of an avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
    • 1/4 of a cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
    • 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, shredded (1/4 cup)
    • salsa (optional)
    Directions
    On each tortilla, layer romaine, avocado, cucumber, and cheese. Roll up tightly. If desired, halve tortillas diagonally. Wrap each tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for up to 6 hours.
    If desired, serve with salsa.
  • sami1992
    sami1992 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thankyouu :) i have never attempted a diet before so this is really new too me x
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :drinker:

I think you'll find it useful to check out the threads in the nutrition section -- a lot of people share sample meals, recipes, day-to-day eating habits, etc.

That should get you going in the right direction. A lot depends on the foods you like and lean towards and making healthy choices and logging everything you eat to see what you're eating and how it's affecting you.

You'll find a lot of info and a lot of help.
  • sami1992
    sami1992 Posts: 7
    Options
    :smile: :wink: Thankyou.. comments are helping me x
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    foods are easy. When you're doing your shopping, stick to the perimeter (avoid the aisles) you've got your produce, your meats, your breads and your dairy. That's all you need. I jump into the aisles for things like brown rice and coffee, but not much else. If you can shop this way, you'll know you're eating wholesome, healthy foods.

Best of luck!