What's for breakfast?

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
What are some of your "go too" breakfast's that you feel good about eating?

My latests is millet cereal:

Brown millet in pan with a little butter, at 3parts water to 1part millet (I usually do 1/2c millet 1.5c water) cook it like you do rice.
scoop it into a bowl, and top with raisins, coconut flakes and milk delicious and nutritious

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, oatmeal with brown sugar/cinnamon/raisins/nuts, egg whites and turkey sausage, or a Naked or Bolthouse Farms juice.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    2 eggs, 1/2 cup egg whites, 5oz ground turkey, nuke in microwave for 3 minutes
    top with 1/2 mozzerella cheese and 2-3 tbsp salsa

aww yea

or even cold zeldas pizza if I have it ;)
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    You're killing me cakepie! Cold Zelda's with a poached egg on top! hellz yes!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    You're killing me cakepie! Cold Zelda's with a poached egg on top! hellz yes!

oh damn.. you just brought it to a whole new level!
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Plain aul' porridge with sliced banana and a sprinkling of Splenda, with a cup of green tea (different fruit flavour each day) on the side.

May go bonkers this weekend and have a rasher or 2. :P
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 apple & 1 banana in pieces, 1 cup of skimmed milk and 30 grams of oats. Boil for a few minutes until it makes a cream. A lot of cinnamon powder on the top!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Plain aul' porridge with sliced banana and a sprinkling of Splenda, with a cup of green tea (different fruit flavour each day) on the side.

what's aul' porridge?
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    sounds borring but cereal (usually multigrain cheerios or the fiber one 80 cal honey things...) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and nequick (I do not like the taste of any milk but like a typical female add choclate and I will eat it!
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    weetabix and soy milk. YUUUUMMMMM
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Low carb protein shake everyday 110 cal premade also 1 other time during the day
  • hermightychelle
    hermightychelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1/2 Cup Egg beaters
    Sliced Mushroom, peppers dash salt and pepper
    I Cup
    2 Min in Microwave-
    top with salsa
    Wala breakfast
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what's aul' porridge?

Oop, it's just regular porridge (oats). Sorry, country twang setting in. (aul' = auld = old) :smile:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Holy Crap! for breakfast a lot lately: organic chia, hulled hemp hearts, buckwheat, dried cranberries, raisins, apple bits, and cinnamon. Mix one serving (two tablespoons) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and sometimes put some fresh fruit on top. More filling that you'd imagine!
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welll I work nights..so my breakfast varies...lol
    Today I had homemade veggie soup with shredded chicken..warmed my soul and a nice amount of protein....
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Ha pretty much the same as mine.

I love porridge, I use half a banana (I think a full one would make up most of my daily sugar intake!) and some sugar free strawberry jam sometimes, along with a cup of green tea! I'll swap the fruit around every so often, depends on what I have at home really!

Sometimes I'll have an Egg Khagina (south Asian scrambled eggs with tomato, onion, chilli and anything else you fancy) with a slice of toast.

When it comes to cereals I like Weetabix or a store brand version.

and if I can't be arsed, toast/bagel with jam or a fruit salad.
  • xprincessxjanetx
    Options
    I'm having boiled egg, wholemeal toast and a banana tomorrow morning
  • skinnylaura88
    Options
    :smile:
    2 eggs and black tea or coffee (sometimes i add one egg white, turkey ham, tomato or gouda cheese, one at time)
    no oil
  • lcorbusier
    Options
    Americano Misto with sweetener and whole milk plus a double chocolate brownie.
  • brendalamar
    brendalamar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY:smile: