I want fat for breakfast

Options
Nevada
Nevada Posts: 140 Member
Looking back through my food diary, I see that my breakfast and morning snack are giving me very little fat until lunch.

I want to balance breakfast so that to get an earier start on my burning.

Breakfast is oatmeal, raisins, banana, coffee, and skim milk.

Any suggestions on a good early morning fat? I don't do butter, margerine, or pork.

Replies

• Nevada
    Options
    Looking back through my food diary, I see that my breakfast and morning snack are giving me very little fat until lunch.

I want to balance breakfast so that to get an earier start on my burning.

Breakfast is oatmeal, raisins, banana, coffee, and skim milk.

Any suggestions on a good early morning fat? I don't do butter, margerine, or pork.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I had a very satisfying breakfast today that you may enjoy.

I had a rice cake buttery caramel with peanut butter. I generally only use 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter. Then I had a banana and my coffee.
    Cal/Fat/Carb/Fiber
    Bananas - Raw, 1 small (6" to 6-7/8" long) 90 0 23 3
    Peanut butter - Chunk style, with salt, 1.5 tbsp 141 12 5 2
    Lundberg - Buttery Caramel Rice Cakes -Gluten,Wheat,Dairy Free, 1 cake 80 1 18 1

I also enjoy having an Oatmeal Square by Chountry Choice they are organic.
    Calories 210, 3 g fat, 4 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 4 g protein.

Hope this helps.

Eve
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I dont know, but I have to say I really like your topic heading. Gave me all kinds of gross visualizations!!! I'm still laughing!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    you can put a little flax seed oil in your oatmeal, maybe?
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite fatty things to have for breakfast is eggs and peameal bacon. I dont know what your aim is for calories in the morning, but if you have poached eggs two, hardboiled or even a fried with a bit of pam instead of butter 2 eggs only comes to about 155 calories. Add two slices of peameal bacon (which has much less fat than regular bacon) thats only 130 calories. So you can have a nice eggs and bacon breafast for under 300 calories... and it keeps me full and satisfied right til lunch.
    You can also check out turkey bacon which has less calories (though I'm not such a huge fan).
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    try 1 1/2c plain yogurt
    1/4c granola
    1/2 banana
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    what is peameal bacon? I have never heard of that and am interested. Where would I find it at the grocery store?
  • Nevada
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. They will make breakfast more interesting.

I just had 1/4 avocado on a rice cake. That and peanut butter will satisfy me.
    Shifts an afternoon snack to breakfast.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Another good option is low fat cottage cheese with some Kashi granola (high in fiber and protein) or a piece of fruit. I love cottage cheese because of the rich flavor, and the low fat kind only has 80 calories per serving and tons of protein!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    hi kiljose,

peameal bacon is similar to canadian bacon, but sort of breaded with peameal on the outside...

if you're stateside, you can probably substitute some canadian bacon (next to the 'merican bacon in the grocery store usually)
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Instead of the banana, how about half a slicced granny smith apple with a touch on peanut butter on each slice? Goes well with a split banana as well.. but the banana really adds calories.

The fruit sugars will give you the immediate pich me up and the nuts will give you the endurance you are looking for, plus that added fat. (I do recommend the natural and low sugar peanut butter).
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast right now is a 2-egg white herb omelet with a piece of swiss cheese on a piece of wheat toast. Should have enough fat for you and really satisfies me.
  • integrity
    integrity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love your title! I'm also trying to balance the macro-nutrients in all my meals. The first thought that comes to my mind is to keep some favorite nuts and seeds on hand. You could even grind your favorites, or combinations of them and stir them into your oatmeal for some nutty nutrition. Then you can also be creative with your spices and fruits and have gormet oatmeal!

Enjoy,

Kim Kies; Wellness Coach
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Like viviakay said, I've also heard peameal bacon called canadian bacon and back bacon.
    Its good!
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    If you're going to eat a big old fatty meal, do it early in the day.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Avocado, eggs fried in rapeseed oil and bacon. Greek yogurt. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can add nuts or nut butter to your oatmeal instead of raisins and cream in coffee instead of skim.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ditto on adding nuts or nut butter in your oatmeal.
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, honey, and oatmeal is my favorite breakfast probably ever, or toast + mashed avaocado