Tilapia

Options

Replies

• kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I mix one packet of splenda w/some dijon mustard. Spread it on top of the fish, top that w/some lemon juice and capers. Wrap it up in foil and bake! It's yummy!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love this thread! I am not a big fan of fish, but I have heard that tilapia is a good option that has a milder flavor. I tried making it once, and it was terrible. I just seasoned it and baked it, but it was NOT good. We ended up throwing it out and ordering pizza. I'd love some better recipes for it, so I can give it a 2nd try.:smile:
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    when i get bored with just seasonings & lemon juice, i pull out the shake & bake for chicken & use that on my fish!
    the parmesan crusted is awesome!! & what a change!!
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I fold it in tin-foil and George Foreman the heck out of it. =) Then I usually add some Mrs. Dash and some True Lemon (crystallized lemon because I never have real lemon in my house) and maybe a little Bragg Liquid Aminos. It's pretty good that way and practically no fat. =)

But the other ways sound delicious too!! I'm going to have to try some of them!! =)

Lyndi4 - If you do it on the George Foreman grill like I do, it hardly has any fish flavor at all. My sister and Mom hate fish with a passion but actually like it when it's cooked on the GF Grill. You should try it that way. =)
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in some tin foil with lemon juice (real lemon juice) and some pepper and steam it in the oven for 10-15 min. So yummy and tender.

This sounds great. I like to keep it simple and this is simple and delicious.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    wrap it in bacon and bake it

OMG, I love you...
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Definitely taking the bacon idea....and run with it.... Recently a pal just told me to pan-sear it and boy was it good...Little olive-oil...drop it in there on 3min on each side...and after done..squeeze some lemon juice on it,...DELISH!!
  • RL100less
    RL100less Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    **************This is It!******************
    Tilapia is the main ingredient for the traditional Peruvian (not imitations) Ceviche...., be careful, a little spicy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ceviche-peruano/detail.aspx
  • MonicaLee1982
    MonicaLee1982 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I put it on a microwave safe dish, squeeze lemon juice, put on a pat of butter, cover with wax paper, and nuke it on high until it is flakey. I put lemon pepper on it at the table.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I drizzle mine with a little lemon juice, sprinkle it with some Mrs. Dash, add some defrosted frozen veggies, and bake all together
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Bump.... a lot of these ideas sound delish!!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in a mixture of lime juice, greek yogurt and cajun spice.

This is a recipe I am going to try next week because it sounds amazing:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tilapia-soft-tacos-with-chipotle-cream/detail.aspx

It's for Tilapia Soft Tacos with Chipotle Cream. Yum.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    fish tacos! season with chili powder and cook. shred some cabbage and carrot on the side and dress as for slaw but add some chili powder, lime juice and cilantro. wrap in toasted corn tortillas. seriously yummy!
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    my fav fish to have. i coat mine in mccormicks lemon and herb seasoning. and grill it. (forman in the winter)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would wait for Elizabeth_C34 to respond and then I'd do whatever she says.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My husband smears fish with lowfat mayo then puts fresh dill sprigs on them, then wraps them in bacon. Love it!!!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas later
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    Sprinkle of sea salt, pepper, little garlic powder and grated Parmesan.
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    I bake it in the toaster oven. I put a light coating of olive oil on it and then i mix old bay seasoning, nature's seasoning (it is a mixture of like garlic, onion, black pepper, and etc), and parmesan cheese. I do about 1/2-1 tsp of each. I coat the top of the fish with this and then bake it. It always tastes wonderful. :)