HELP Wii Fit Users!

Options
I just recently bought myself the wii fit hoping it would provide some type of routine that I could do daily, covering the all that it does, (yoga, strength training, etc) but any ideas of how to come up with a routine? Here I thought I got it when it asked if I wanted to combine them...and I did, and it said it would be 24-28 min routine...again good, but then when all said and done, it's a 114 cal burn. So not what I want. How do I get it to be more challenging, or last longer the individual exercises? I mean to switch from the remote going "A" numerous times, the intros to exercises, drives me mad!!! And that 24 min workout has to include all the intro and remote pushing. There are days I hardly get a sweat.

Mind you, I bought this to do while my kids are in bed and to ensure I get myself moving some how. SO far it hasn't cut the bill for me. But I know this is more my "not getting it" then it is the Wii not setting the bar.

I want to feel the burn people!

I NEED HELP!!! Oh and please keep it "simple" lol

Replies

• teapot35
    Options
    hi. I used wii fit for awhile, and I've come to the conclusion that it's really made for a total fitness beginner, who needs to get off the couch. I'm doing Just Dance 2 for my cardio now, but that's just barely a step up. If you find something tougher (i'm thinking maybe jillian michaels) that works, please post it, and/or message me!
  • WannaBeSlimJim2
    WannaBeSlimJim2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention that Teapot...I bought Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2011. I've done it once, because I was focusing on getting the wii understood before venturing onto something new..thinking; learn the basics first.

So far so good, some weird "save our city" twist which is dorky, but if she kicks my *kitten* and gives me a good work out, so be it.

I'll let you know how I do when I give'r on that one.
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    I use wii... about 20 mins Just dance and 20 mins boxing training and then 10 mins of tennis or something just to wind down from the work out. I really enjoy it. I am looking at getting something for me to use to exercise though as I actually bought those games for the kids haha
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use the wii for the majority of my cardio. I don't use the fit game as it doesn't seeem to make me break a sweat, but I have purchased a few other exercise games that are great and are compatible to the wii fit board. One is a Jilliam Michaels ultimate fit, mostly circuit training exercises, really kicks me in the butt, and another is called exerbeat, which has alot of variety and once you have all the exercises open you can do routines up to 60 minutes long. It has aerobics, dancing, boxing, karate, yoga and pilates.!!! Looking to purchase another one soon!!!
  • WannaBeSlimJim2
    WannaBeSlimJim2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you peeps you are gems...certainly gives me more incentive to get my groove on!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I bought a Wii Fit about 4 years ago, it was good then...but now I only use it when I want an easy and light workout. I will usually do the boxing exercise, then the 30 minute free step using an attachment that raises the board about 4 inches, and then do about 5-10 minutes of the yoga exercises. All together, probably 45-60 minutes of exercise. The calorie burn will usually be between 200-250 calories for me, at best...but it makes for a good light workout!
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    Glad you posted...I was looking at trying to find something I could do here when I run out of time to run to the fitness center before the kids are in bed. I have Wii fit, and I like it, but yes, something a little more difficult would be great.
  • Valarie73
    Valarie73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just got the Wii Zumba and it is AWESOME. It will be a small learning curve if you have never done Zumba before. [I have] I have to say though - once you start doing the routines [other options include one song, learn the moves, etc.] you can choose from a short class, medium class [45 min] or a full class - 60 minutes of straight cardio. LOVE. IT. Have I mentioned how much I love it? LOL.

Anyway - like I said - might take some getting used to, if you've never Zumba'd before - but man - it is a fantastic workout using the Wii.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the WII and love it! Depending on the "class" length, aka how long you do it, I burn between 200 (20 min) and 600 (60min). I have the WII fit but dont use it any more.
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started wii fit on Saturday and I like it, I wasn't doing any exercise before and I enjoy getting the begginning of future workouts. My daughter also got a few other disc I will check them out but for now this is fun and getting me off the couch for 30 min