ATTN: MOMS! I NEED YOUR HELP!

Tiana405
Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
edited October 7 in Chit-Chat
Alright... my breasts have been sore since the 2nd of June and not a normal premenstrual sore... which, I'm not supposed to start until the 22nd of this month. They hurt soooo bad that I'm unable to work out! No bouncing, jumping, running, elliptical... they are sooo tender! Haven't noticed nipples getting any bigger, but I have noticed veins are more prominent. They are swollen, but hurts way more on the outer part than any where else. I've had minor cramping and light spotting. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, but it doesn't develop in to anything. I've started insomnia and vivid dreams when I do sleep. Very tired in the day time. Also, constipation! yay! :sad: I've taken 3 pg tests and all negative. I'm assuming it's too early to detect, but what were your first symptoms?!

I'M SO SCARED! Even though I'm 32, I'm not prepared, fully. Getting married in April and starting nursing school this month. I really really really need some advice and stories of what you all have experienced in the beginning.

Thank you so much fellow MFPers!

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    All of the above. darker veins, darker nipples, soreness, cramps, constipation. All that fun stuff.

I could never get a positive pregnancy test until the day before my period was due. Just not enough hcg until then.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 961 Member
    You pretty much just listed all my initial symptoms. If you are pg, then may I be the first to offer you some huge congratulations, and encourage you that everything will work out fine. :) Nobody is ever really "prepared," I don't think.

(oh, and while I gained while pregnant, breastfeeding was my most effective weight-loss plan, EVER - down to 40 or more below my pre-pg weight within a year)
  • Tiana405
    All of the above. darker veins, darker nipples, soreness, cramps, constipation. All that fun stuff.

I could never get a positive pregnancy test until the day before my period was due. Just not enough hcg until then.

I just hate having to wait 2 more weeks before I know which direction my life is headed! I'd like to know before I send the wedding invites out, b/c if I am... COURT HOUSE HERE I COME! LOL! *I'll have to get on his medical insurance* :laugh:
  • Tiana405
    You pretty much just listed all my initial symptoms. If you are pg, then may I be the first to offer you some huge congratulations, and encourage you that everything will work out fine. :) Nobody is ever really "prepared," I don't think.

(oh, and while I gained while pregnant, breastfeeding was my most effective weight-loss plan, EVER - down to 40 or more below my pre-pg weight within a year)

I heard that breast feeding is HUGE on weight-loss! That would be something to look forward to. ha! Thank you for the congrats, if I am. I'd have a good cry, I'm sure. Ugh. Soooo not planned, if I am. ARGH! Oh well... God's timing is perfect, right?!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    bottom line ... it's the hcg hormone that makes your breasts sore from pregnancy. if there is enough in your system to give you sore breasts, it's enough to show up on a pregnancy test.
  • Tiana405
    bottom line ... it's the hcg hormone that makes your breasts sore from pregnancy. if there is enough in your system to give you sore breasts, it's enough to show up on a pregnancy test.

I've heard that it's one of the first symptoms of pregnancy and can occur as early as a week after implantation... that's waaaay too early to have a positive test. Just what I've found in research, etc....
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member

I've heard that it's one of the first symptoms of pregnancy and can occur as early as a week after implantation... that's waaaay too early to have a positive test. Just what I've found in research, etc....

i'm what they call a fertility expert. believe me, i know way too much about every kind of hormone and symptom and what causes each one. Sore breasts are usually caused by the progesterone around a regular cycle.
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    You could always go get a blood test done, they are a lot more reliable than a drugstore ept. My only pregnancy symptom was that I could not lose weight. Never had any of the other stuff. Sorry.

Congrats though if you are pregnant! I had a couple unplanned pregnancies and went to school full time and worked full time, you can do it, it always seems to work out even when you can't foresee it.
  • Tiana405
    You could always go get a blood test done, they are a lot more reliable than a drugstore ept. My only pregnancy symptom was that I could not lose weight. Never had any of the other stuff. Sorry.

Congrats though if you are pregnant! I had a couple unplanned pregnancies and went to school full time and worked full time, you can do it, it always seems to work out even when you can't foresee it.
    [/quote/]

Thank you for the encouragement, if I am indeed preggers! I know it can be done, but oh, Lord! How overwhelming is THAT?! lol
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Definitely all signs but the signs are different for everyone. The one thing that was a constant with all 3 of my pregnancies was the peeing! Before I knew I was pregnant with #3 (about 2 years ago), I counted how many times I had to go to the bathroom at work and it was 13 times in one day. And I was not drinking more water than usual. That is always the first sign for me. The cramping can be implantation (the spotting is a sign of that too).

Also, with pregnancy #2, I had 3 negative pregnancy tests before a positive. But I KNEW I was pregnant, I just knew. Literally, we had unprotected sex one time (exactly 1 week from my due date for my period) and I just happened to be ovulating late so BAM - I got pregnant. But I didn't show pregnant until I think 9 days after my period was due? I'd wait until your due (or close to it) and take another test. You can take one up to 4 days before your expected period. But again, if you ovulated late, it won't show until after you are due. Good luck!
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    with my first I had all of these same signs and took 6 or more pregnancy tests over a course of 3mths (Nov, Dec, Jan) all negative...It wasn't until I had my blood tested in January that I found out for sure I was indeed pregnant.

Talk with your doctor though.
This discussion has been closed.