Chest/back this morning and just got done with legs/shoulder

Options
Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
Yep. Two heavy lift sessions in one day. Never did that before. 2nd workout wasn't as easy as usual but I was able to scrape though 275lb deads, 135lb powercleans to over head press and 215lb squats for reps.

Coolest thing? I get 2,848 calories and I only ate 2,000.

I'm going to bed and pass out now. nite.

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Options
    This morning I'm hungry as hell
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Anyone else do 2 a days?
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    bump
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    two a day is too much for me! Let us know how you feel the next day.... i might give it a try...
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hmmmm.....Wish I had that kind of time =)
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i have a question: if you're doing 2-a-days, do you feel really depleted? i sometimes do strength training in the morning and cardio at night, if i have time. i could never strength train twice in a day - once is all it takes to kick my *kitten*. is there any specific reason you're doing 2-a-days? what do your other days look like?
  • AntonCast
    AntonCast Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to do two a day when i was in better shape. Working my way back to being able to do it!! i loved doubles because it would give me a rush :smile:

Good Job!!!!
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I have done the two a day's but I try to avoid them as often as possible and I never do two heavy sessions one day. I try to keep cardio for one workout a day and lifting for another. When I do lift twice a day, I make one session my big compound exercises and the second session more isolated such as biceps and triceps. I never produce my best on the second workout so I figure the isolation lifts are not as critical to be at the top of my game.
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've never done 2-a-day strength training. If you have the energy to do a 2nd strength training session ... I'm gonna say you're not working hard enough in the first one. :)

I have done strength training in the morning and then cardio in the evening ....only lasted 3 weeks doing 3x a week though. Too much time for me.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I did the 1st one before work. Then after work I went to cook for my dad at his house, hung out until about 8:45 and went and did the 2nd one at 9pm until 10pm. 2nd workout was more difficult than usual (as expected) but not impssible. I actually lifted heavier than normal. But definately not at peak performance. But I'm short on time this week and wanted to get the work done.

1st time trying this because of time constraints.

I tried to fuel as best I could on BCAAs and protein. Morning and night. Don't feel THAT bad today but I'm sore.

Also not the best thing to do two heavy lift days on one day but again, it's was an experiment. Probably heavy and light lift/cardio would be more realistic for 2 a days.

Had calories to spare though. haha.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good job!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I've never done 2-a-day strength training. If you have the energy to do a 2nd strength training session ... I'm gonna say you're not working hard enough in the first one. :)

I have done strength training in the morning and then cardio in the evening ....only lasted 3 weeks doing 3x a week though. Too much time for me.

I did chest and back for workout 1. Then legs and shoulders for the 2nd. I went to failure for chest and upped my weights for the legs. I tend to get sore after each workout when I do them seperately. So although I could probably train more intense, I don't think I'm undertraining.