What are you listening to?

Options

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    kraftwerk blows me away because they are making all the music themselves, no midi. you know how on a keyboard, you can set a beat, and it will just repeat itself? that's midi. Kraftwerk hand-produces every sound, so the perfect beats, the amazing timing, that's THEM, not just the synthesizer doing it for them. I think that is freaking amazing. especially when some of the tracks are like 10-15-20 minutes long. :love:
    their shows are supposed to be some kind of something else. they don't dance around, it's just the four of them at their synths, creating live and slightly remixed versions of each song.

Skinny Puppy was the same way, everything was created. If you had a drill sound, then it was them sampling a drill. they didn't just rip off sounds. Live performances they would bring out these ridiculous percussion contraptions. It was amazing.

You mentioned Morphine earlier. I own everything damn thing those guys put out. Seriously, one of the most under-rated bands in the last decade. I had a chance to see them live once in Lawrence Kansas, but I got deployed. That next year, Mark Sandman died. First time I was literallly depressed I never saw them live. Bummer.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% with you on Morphine.
    how is it that they never get any attention?! So amazingly good!
    my favorite few tracks that come immediately to mind are: Buena, Honey White, Rope on Fire, Electric Super Sex, and my favorite song ever from them is Cure for Pain. sigh.

I guess if you are gonna name your band Morphine, you gotta expect that you're gonna die of an overdose. :sad:
  • xsargex
    Options
    my favorite few tracks that come immediately to mind are: Buena, Honey White, Rope on Fire, Electric Super Sex, and my favorite song ever from them is Cure for Pain. sigh.

I guess if you are gonna name your band Morphine, you gotta expect that you're gonna die of an overdose. :sad:

I thought he had a massive heart-attack on stage? Atleast thats what I heard. Of course with a band like Morphine... i'm sure drug-abuse could be innevitable.

Oh man, Rope on Fire is one of my favorite songs. Though Cure for Pain is the quintessential Morphine album. I think The Night is by far my favorite. Every track is amazing.

I dont' know if you've heard them yet, but the rest of the band members went on to form another band (kinda similiar to Morphine) called Twinemen. Check them out.
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Cowgirls Don't Cry - Brooks and Dunn
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Hey Stephen - Taylor Swift
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Hey Stephen - Taylor Swift
    I'm sorry but that little girl gets on my nerves, BIG TIME!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I thought he had a massive heart-attack on stage? Atleast thats what I heard. Of course with a band like Morphine... i'm sure drug-abuse could be innevitable.

Oh man, Rope on Fire is one of my favorite songs. Though Cure for Pain is the quintessential Morphine album. I think The Night is by far my favorite. Every track is amazing.

I dont' know if you've heard them yet, but the rest of the band members went on to form another band (kinda similiar to Morphine) called Twinemen. Check them out.

I think his "heart-attack" is a nice way to say "cocaine/heroin overdose":smokin:

like Jim Henson (of the Muppets) died of pneumonia (not AIDS):huh:

I think you're right, The Night is my favorite too-
    I will def. go check out Twinemen-

You are a wealth of great musical info for me!!!!! Sarge ROCKS:glasses:
  • tabchanges
    Options
    I Melt - Rascal Flatts
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I went down memory lane with
    Every Day is Halloween by Ministry today.. i LOOOOOOOOVE that song.
  • xsargex
    Options

I think his "heart-attack" is a nice way to say "cocaine/heroin overdose":smokin:

like Jim Henson (of the Muppets) died of pneumonia (not AIDS):huh:

I think you're right, The Night is my favorite too-
    I will def. go check out Twinemen-

You are a wealth of great musical info for me!!!!! Sarge ROCKS:glasses:

a wealth of USELESS information... but yes.
  • memaw66
    Options
    Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics (I don't know if I spelled that right?)

I like Marilyn Manson's version too. I just like this song!
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics (I don't know if I spelled that right?)

I like Marilyn Manson's version too. I just like this song!

Memaw, you are so cool. I don't even know how to handle you! haha
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Higher - Matt Nathanson
  • memaw66
    Options
    So I've been told. Ha ha ha
    Just kidding.

Although lots of people don't know how to take me! ha ha

You know how us fellow S. Texans are!
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to my 3 year old son so normally I'm listening to him chit chatting or spongebob... :laugh:

Listening to the radio is a treat but only really listen to it in the car...
  • memaw66
    Options
    Right now my car cd player has Etta James!! I love her music. I told you guys, I like a little bit of everything!

Memaw
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    My daughter is only 9 months old but so far she's responded best to Alter Bridge. I listened to it all the time on my way to/from school because I loved it and was too lazy to find another CD to listen to. So, she heard it repeatedly in the womb! :laugh:

I'm on Pieces by Red right now :heart:
  • memaw66
    Options
    Heaven Knows-Donna Summer (I think that's the name of it.)
    I told you I was listening to old soft stuff! LOL

I feel like putting some really high heels on and dancing in a circle with my arms outstretched!!! ha hahahahahahahahahah
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am listening to the new girl here ask me the same question 50 times....and I am trying really hard to be patient and understanding but I really just wanna roll my eyes....
    I am a brat today
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    right now--helicopters flying overhead..