Nightly dessert?

Options
Ok, this sweet tooth of mine is getting me into trouble at night. What are some satisfying treats that won't break the calorie bank? Is there such a thing?

Replies

• visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a square of ghiradelli dark chocolate - 50 calories!!! Make sure you eat it in 4 or more bites and let it melt and soften on your tongue to get all the chocolatey goodness.
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth too. I have a dessert every single night. A majority of the time it is a Vitalicious Vitatop Muffin : 100 calories and tons of fiber and other nutrients. Tonight I had the triple chocolate chunk flavor with a serving of Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter on it. Yummo!! They have a wide variety of flavors and if i have the extra calories, like tonight, top with something else yummy.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    yes i love the chocolate vitatop muffins too! i always keep my freezer stocked with them. annnnd i just had half a pint of "arctic zero" ice cream. One whole pint has 150 calories! I just had the mint chocolate cookie flavor it was pretty good. I just tried it for the first time, I got it at whole foods.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like mini ice cream sandwiches. Depending on the brand they're like 100ish calories each and pretty yummy. They don't exactly offer a lot of nutritional value but that's not what I look for in a dessert lol
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i have a snack that i used to prepare for late nights at work...i would actually look forward to eating it! it's a healthy one too, which makes it all the better! all you need is an apple (preferably granny smith) and frozen berries. just cut the apple into smaller pieces and put it in a container with the frozen fruit. you don't need too much frozen fruit, just a fair amount to cover the apples. if you leave it for a few hours in the fridge (which is why it was always a good one for me to prepare at home and have ready to eat at work!), the juices from the frozen fruit will seep into the apple...it's one of my favourite snacks ever and super easy which gives it bonus points! hope you enjoy :)
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    fiber one brownie + skinny cow ice cream + whipped cream = so good
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fiber one Brownie
    Vitatop muffin with Coolwhip free on it!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwich.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry cheesecake ice cream bar. 110 calories of pure fantastic-ness That and clementines are my go to!
  • rjbrowne
    Options
    I definitely struggle with this problem. Can't wait to hear more suggestions. I usually just pray I have enough calories left to eat something yummy!:/
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fruit. It is nature's candy.
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Schwans #11 fudge bars low cals and mmmmm good !!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    yes i love the chocolate vitatop muffins too! i always keep my freezer stocked with them. annnnd i just had half a pint of "arctic zero" ice cream. One whole pint has 150 calories! I just had the mint chocolate cookie flavor it was pretty good. I just tried it for the first time, I got it at whole foods.
    OMG I GOTTA FIND SOME OF THIS!!!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The light &/or fat free Cool Whip is a good one by itself or added to the sugar free pudding.
  • frozen17
    Options
    I used to eat frozen fat free whipped cream. Sort of as an alternative to ice cream. Now I just have a Popsicle after dinner.
  • delphasue
    Options
    I eat a little cereal - a half serving to full serving depending on how many cals I have left (something a little sweet - Special K Vanilla Almond is good) - with fat free milk
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream (cups, cones or sandwiches)...or Blue Bell frozen fruit bars.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like the Arctic Zero ice cream as well. It is high in protein and low on calories. I got mine from Amazon.com. The best way I've found to eat it is to let it thaw for awhile first. then it is much better.

When it was frozen solid, even my kids wouldn't eat it. :-)
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit, yogurt, but I absolutely love to eat fat free/sugar free pudding - almost any flavor, but chocolate and butterscotch are my ultimate favorites. Topped with a bit of whipped cream and you have a great treat! Low carb too for those folks watching their carbs.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I make a desserty protein shake every night. I look forward to it.