Please Share Your Easy Casserole Dishes

Options
JayTee146
JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
I've been eatting tuna sandwhiches for the past 3 nights:noway: too scared to try anything else. I'm just getting comfortable in the kitchen and I don't want to try something so dreadfully hard I stop cooking all together :laugh: I'm dying for something else but I don't have alot of time to stand over the stove. my lo in the evening is very demanding.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Easy! Easy! Easy! LOL!

Here is my favorite! (And my boyfriends too!)

Betsy's Chicken Pot Pie

1 roll reduced fat crescent rolls
    10 oz rotisserie chicken (I had this in the freezer)
    1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
    2 small cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup
    1 potato (I diced and cooked this the night before in salted boiling water)
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    Garlic Powder - to taste
    Mrs. Dash Table Blend - to taste - optional
    Salt and Pepper - to taste

In a 9X12 baking dish, mix the chicken, vegetables, potato, seasonings and soup. On a large cutting board unroll the crescent rolls into one large sheet (I find using a pastry roller is the easiest way). Place the cresecent roll sheet on top of the chicken mixture. Spray with butter flavored cooking spray. Bake for ~45 min on 350 degrees. (or until the top is golden brown) ENJOY!

My blog has pictures and some other options to do with this if you are interested! tactfullysouthern.blogspot.com

Good Luck! I LOVE Casseroles!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much betsygodwin! I was afraid I'd have to eat tuna again LOL!
  • AyabeR
    AyabeR Posts: 6
    Options
    This sounds great!!! How many calories is it?
  • bgc85
    Options
    envyme75 - not sure on the calories...i haven't made it since being active on MFP. I used to do WW and it was a very point friendly casserole. You can also use 1 cup of reduced fat-low fat sour cream instead of one of the cans of soup to lower sodium calories!
  • bgc85
    Options
    JayTee - Gosh...I HATE tuna! I am shocked more people didn't respond. I grew up eating casseroles! I have a recipe for a broccoli and rice casserole that is a tasty side too if you want that!
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    Easy! Easy! Easy! LOL!

Betsy's Chicken Pot Pie

Garlic Powder - to taste

In a 9X12 baking dish, mix the chicken, vegetables, potato, seasonings and soup. On a large cutting board unroll the crescent rolls into one large sheet (I find using a pastry roller is the easiest way). Place the cresecent roll sheet on top of the chicken mixture. Spray with butter flavored cooking spray. Bake for ~45 min on 350 degrees. (or until the top is golden brown) ENJOY!

My blog has pictures and some other options to do with this if you are interested! tactfullysouthern.blogspot.com

This is on next weeks menu now.
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this one too!! Any good websites??
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alexbowser
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Casseroles

I love skinny taste recipes and they tend to be pretty simple.
  • alexbowser
    Options
    (She was a tuna noodle casserole, if you're still in the mood for that)
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole - Makes 8 servings

2 cups water
    2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
    2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained ( or chopped up baked chicken)
    1 (10.75 ounce) fat free low sodium can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 (10.75 ounce) fat free low sodium can condensed cream of chicken soup
    1/4 cup butter
    1 cup skim or 1% milk
    1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
    1 small white onion, chopped
    1 pound Velveeta 2% reduced fat cheese (the block)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Make rice according to package directions.

In a 9x13 inch baking dish, mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.

This is VERY good, even with the healthier choices (the skim milk, 2% Velveeta, brown rice, cream soups) :)
  • jeannicoleau
    jeannicoleau Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Going to try it this weekend.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bgc85
    Options
    I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! You could add more veggies (SPINACH???) too if you want! Let me know how you like it! I just posted my BBQ meatloaf recipe too on the message boards if you are interested!
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    Easy! Easy! Easy! LOL!

Betsy's Chicken Pot Pie

Garlic Powder - to taste

Omg this sounds delicious!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Made this last night.....super easy and tasty! The hardest part is cutting up all the cabbage, but well worth it!!

Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

Recipe slightly modified from Kalyn's Kitchen

Skinnytaste.com

Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1/10th with cheese • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 250.9 • Fat: 11.3 g • Protein: 16.9 g • Carb: 23.8 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 2 g
    Sodium: 459 mg (without salt)

Without Cheese: • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.9 • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 10.5 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 2 g
    Sodium: 291.2 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:
    2 tsp olive oil, divided
    1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
    1 large onion, chopped fine
    1 tbsp finely minced garlic
    1/2 tsp. dried thyme
    1 tsp sweet Hungarian Paprika
    salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
    1 1/2 heads green cabbage, coarsely chopped
    1 can (14.5 oz.) petite dice tomatoes with juice
    1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
    1/4 cup water
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese (Sargento)

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. (My dish was 13" x 10")
    Heat a large frying pan on medium heat; add ground beef and cook until it's browned and cooked through,
    breaking it apart as it cooks. Remove ground beef and set aside.
    In the same pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, chopped onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is
    translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, and paprika and
    cook about 2 minutes more. Then add the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and ground beef. Add
    water to the pan. Simmer until it's hot and slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
    While it simmers, cut cabbage in half, cut out the core, and remove any wilted outer leaves; chop the
    cabbage coarsely into 1 inch pieces.
    Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven; add the cabbage and cook over medium-high
    heat until the cabbage is wilted and about half cooked, turning it over several times so it all wilts and cooks.
    Season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
    When the meat and tomato sauce mixture has cooked and thickened a bit, stir in the 2 cups of cooked rice
    and gently combine.
    Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray and the layer half the cabbage, half the meat mixture, remaining
    cabbage, and remaining meat mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes, or until the mixture is just
    starting to bubble on the edges.
    Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese (if using.) Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes, or until the
    cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown. Serve hot.
    Freezer friendly if you have leftovers. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then either microwave
    until hot or heat in the oven in a glass dish covered with foil.
  • Coleyrole
    Options
    I got the website www.skinnytaste.com from someone on here and it is an AMAZING recipe website :) check it out I'm sure you'll find something! it's easy too and it has calorie count and carb and fat amount too!
  • rnelsonxo
    rnelsonxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Here is a dessert :)
    FRZN Peanutbutter Delight or you can use same recipe for a peanut butter pie :)

1 8 oz Fat free cool whip (i get fat free/sugar free)
    1/2 cup of peanut butter any kind :) I use a cup sometimes lol :) or replace it with nutella
    Sugar free chocolate syrup
    & banana's (optional)
    cup cake wrappers

You can also make a lower fat graham cracker crust if you didn't want to make it as cupcakes

Let the cool whip get to room tempature then mix in the peanut butter and set in cup cake pan with wrappers and then if your using banana's you can put a few slices on the top then drizzle with the sugar free chocolate syrup and freeze for a couple hours and BAM!!! LOL :) u have a great treat! Also great served in a low fat pie crust!!