easter fitness challenge - Mar 20

Last day for my son in school and he was in the easter bonnet parade this morning and he won I am soooo pleased and I know he will be too (we used last years bonnet we spent ages last year making it it was a bowler hat with a rabbit sat on its hind legs made from wire and papier mache we made dangly carrots with loads of green glitter and crepe paper to make grass around the rim of the hat) His little face when they called his name this morning (he told me this morning it didn't matter if he didn't win coz he never wins anything) I can't wait to collect him from school later I know he is going to so pleased with himself and he gets to have an easter egg early as that was the prize.

No exercise again today so far not even been for a walk still running a fever with my chest infection and the weather is awful today so I am staying in the warm I hope I can get back to it soon I will do extra next week to make up for it.

Stuck well within my calorie range yesterday and will do again today eating a lot of fruit and veg I am craving carbs so having those a lunchtime and making sure that they are wholegrain or potatoes things like that. I have no appetite at dinner time in the evening so making sure to get a good lunch.

1st day of spring today hope everybody has a good one.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Last day for my son in school and he was in the easter bonnet parade this morning and he won I am soooo pleased and I know he will be too (we used last years bonnet we spent ages last year making it it was a bowler hat with a rabbit sat on its hind legs made from wire and papier mache we made dangly carrots with loads of green glitter and crepe paper to make grass around the rim of the hat) His little face when they called his name this morning (he told me this morning it didn't matter if he didn't win coz he never wins anything) I can't wait to collect him from school later I know he is going to so pleased with himself and he gets to have an easter egg early as that was the prize.

No exercise again today so far not even been for a walk still running a fever with my chest infection and the weather is awful today so I am staying in the warm I hope I can get back to it soon I will do extra next week to make up for it.

Stuck well within my calorie range yesterday and will do again today eating a lot of fruit and veg I am craving carbs so having those a lunchtime and making sure that they are wholegrain or potatoes things like that. I have no appetite at dinner time in the evening so making sure to get a good lunch.

1st day of spring today hope everybody has a good one.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Awwwww that is SO CUTE about your son! Congratulations on his win! He must be so happy.

Off to a bunch of meetings today, so I'm going to have to work out in the afternoon. Not sure what I'll do yet -- maybe a TaeBo workout from FitTV or one of the Biggest Loser ones. I've been good with walking almost every day, and will try to get that in as well today.

Yesterday I felt great -- had a nice long 1.5 hour workout and kept within my calories. I had to force myself to eat (not typical with me!) and I ate all good, healthy stuff. Need more protein today and must remember vitamins and water.

Happy Spring!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    It's a better day for me! I plan on getting back on the elliptical today, even if I don't go all out. Yoga was a little hard yesterday, but I skipped some of the ab stuff. My arms were ready to work though!

I went back and looked at my goals for the Easter challenge. All I can say is :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    Goal 1: 156 lbs - I'm very close, so this one is a success!
    Goal 2: putting the fork down - doing well on this one too
    Goal 3: 2.5 hours strength per week - very, very bad on this one. More like half that time
    Goal 4: weigh once a week :laugh: - not even close, more like 5x a week
    Goal 5: yoga stuff - I've been working on revolved triangle for some reason, just feels right. No handstands though, tried 8 angle pose on blocks last night, sorta got it.
    Goal 6: cardio. I think I got this one, though it's hard to tell.

I think I need fewer goals next time!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Feeling recharged and refocused today.

Just finished an hour of yoga booty ballet (silliness burns extra calories, I'm sure of it).

Mary, I'm adopting your goal #2. I'm putting my fork down, and trying to chew my food. (radical concept. . .I know. I'm finding I'm usually leaving about 1/4 of my food on my plate. Eye-opening.) and 8-angle? You continue to be my yogi-role-model!

Almost there, ladies. :flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning ladies....I just completed my FINAL workout in my 47th year of life. I also had to schedule a DR's appt for a mysterious lump I found on the back of my right knee. It wasn't there on Tuesday but it sure is now. It isn't causing me any pain but just knowing it's there is making me crazy!

I did my Biggest Loser Cardio Max-all 50 minutes and am off to do some much needed housework.

Niccole & Mary I hope today is a better day for both of you.

Julie
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Oh, Happy Birthday Julie!

I find it amazing that we, and myself especially, have to retrain ourselves to eat food. When did I learn to shovel it in? Why bother with all this rich, decadent food, that you don't even sit back to enjoy? My ultimate test will be this Sunday - an Easter Brunch Buffet at a hotel, with my family (who all speed eat). Luckily, my husband is the world's slowest eater, so if I finish when he does (and eat less than he does!), I have retrained my mind.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Good Morning! I worked out this am. Not sure if I over did on calories yesterday or not, have to finish logging. Been super busy at work. Weigh in tomorrow - kinda excited this week. :tongue:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Hi everyone. Although I didn't journal my food yesterday I'm pretty sure I did well. I also power walked with the double stroller for over an hour at the mall while waiting for my hubby to get off work and join us for dinner. People were getting out of our way because I was cruising! Anyway, tomorrow is weigh in day. While I know I didn't meet my Easter weight loss goal I will be happy to just be lower than I was when I started this challenge! We will see!

Thanks for the messages of support. I'm just frustrated in general right now but know that things will even out soon.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole