Easy breakfast ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• gary8964
    Options
    whole wheat or 12 grain toast with peanut butter ( I prefer crunchy).
  • Katiemae242
    Options
    I take a turkey sausage link and microwave it...meanwhile, I put an egg white in a mug along with a little bit of chopped green pepper (they sell them already chopped in the freezer section of my grocery store, but you could take a fresh one, chop it up on a weekend day and throw it in the freezer so that it's ready for you in the morning)
    Then, I chop up the sausage and toss it into the mug of eggs and peppers, microwave for a minute..top with a little salsa and sometimes a little cheese..Delicious! You'll get lots of protein and lots of flavor! Tastes like a McD's breakfast burrito :)
  • jennynorris1
    jennynorris1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal like old fashioned oats. I make a one serving bowl in the microwave and I add things like1 teaspoon brown sugar chopped pears, apples, strawberries, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon. I always have a fruit or two and I make sure I add a little nuts. This will keep you full for hours and it is very good for you. Makes for less snacking during the day
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    These are yummy! I make up a dozen, freeze them then put them in baggies. Pop in the microwave and go.

Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
    1 TBSP Bacon
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories
    2 Carbs
    6 Fat
    460 Sodium
    12 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo
    1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

96 Calories
    5 Carbs
    4 Fat
    188 Sodium
    11 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)
    1 TBSP Crumbled Feta
    1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

83 Calories
    6 Carbs
    3 Fat
    302 Sodium
    12 Protien
    2 Fiber
  • MeandmySweetpea
    MeandmySweetpea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually do 1/2c to 1c of lactaid cottage cheese or stoneyfield yogurt with 1/4c to 1/2c fruit or granola. Today I also had a 1/2c of OJ. I usually do a light breakfast with a mid-morning snack such as a hard boiled egg, 1/2 to 1 oz of swiss cheese, raw veggies, etc.

I have zip lock containers that are 1/2c and 1c in size so it makes measuring them out very simple. I break it all down as soon as I buy them to make snacks and meals as easy as possible.
  • dareyoutomove0
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch with almond milk. 260 calories with lots of protein, fiber, and yumminess!!! (Plus I actually feel full for way longer than a normal bowl of cereal.)
  • sbernadetteh
    Options
    I take a turkey sausage link and microwave it...meanwhile, I put an egg white in a mug along with a little bit of chopped green pepper (they sell them already chopped in the freezer section of my grocery store, but you could take a fresh one, chop it up on a weekend day and throw it in the freezer so that it's ready for you in the morning)
    Then, I chop up the sausage and toss it into the mug of eggs and peppers, microwave for a minute..top with a little salsa and sometimes a little cheese..Delicious! You'll get lots of protein and lots of flavor! Tastes like a McD's breakfast burrito :)

where have i been? i never knew you could cook an egg in the microwave!?
  • sbernadetteh
    Options
    i like making an egg white cheese omelete topped with Pace picante sauce, with a couple slices of turkey bacon on the side, and add half an avocado. yum
  • lurkette
    lurkette Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All of these are fantastic ideas, and I hope they help the OP, but they aren't great options for me. When I was at my biggest, my thyroid got slow, so they put me on pills for it. Now that I've lost some weight, the pills have sped up my metabolism hardcore and now nothing keeps me full for more than 3 hours. Fruit and health shakes barely keep me for 30 minutes. Greek yogurt makes me puke. Literally. But I have learned some really good tricks that sates even my furnace for a while- maybe they'll help you guys too.

Trader Joe's has an awesome cereal called "Super Nutty Toffee Clusters". It's delicious, the calorie count is decent, (especially if you have it with coconut or almond milk) and it kept me sated and full of energy for 4 hours once. Believe me, that's positively brobdingnagian. Also, (and I'm sorry, dareyoutomove) but Kashi boxed cereals are disgusting as hell lol, but their cereal bars aren't half bad. Even better if you're on the go. Make-ahead meals are brilliant. You can get little plastic cups with lids at costco or something and make parfaits. Just grab one and a plastic spoon on your way out the door. Or pumpkin raisin muffins. Or spinach wraps with eggs, sliced turkey and red peppers. Whatever, use your imagination and your free time wisely. Hope this helps.
  • Katiemae242
    Options

where have i been? i never knew you could cook an egg in the microwave!?

Absolutely! I should mention that I add a little water in the egg whites and do a quick scramble so that they stay fluffy.. I make eggs in the microwave for me and the kiddos MANY mornings! So quick!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt topped with fiber one cereal.