Best Breakfast Cereals

Options
I am looking for suggestions on healthy, filling,lower calorie breakfast cereals, what are your favourites? Thanks..

Replies

• lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    no suggestions re cereal, but a boiled egg and soldiers keeps me going til lunchtime usually! ;-)
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like oats and Bran Flakes...mix a scoop of whey protein with it and eat it along with milk.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love...

Multigrain cheerios
    Frosted mini wheats
    Cinnamon life
    Vanilla Almond Special K

Those are my favorites, I love a lot of cereal, but most of the others are not very nutritious.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have porridge made with skimmed milk, zapped in the microwave for 2 minutes, then I add any or a mix of:
    Tinned fruit, raisins, unsalted nuts (peanuts, almonds, alnuts etc), frozen berries etc.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i love fiber one and special K but those are pretty high in calories so I ususally eat Puffed wheat or corn flakes
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Oats. Steel cut if you have the time. The nutty flavour and texture is yummy. Quick oats if you're in a hurry.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I love...

Multigrain cheerios
    Frosted mini wheats
    Cinnamon life
    Vanilla Almond Special K

Those are my favorites, I love a lot of cereal, but most of the others are not very nutritious.

Wow, I can't imagine you would find much nutrition in these boxes. I'd suggest that you avoid packaged cereals altogether, they are generally overpriced, overprocessed junk - try oatmeal, eggs, yoghurt or fruit.
    Or make your own muesli (granola) with real oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Or google a recipe for Bircher muesli (not in a box, made of actual food!)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean (original)...I eat it almost every day.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Total whole grain wheat flakes
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you're going to go with cereal get TOTAL flakes, most nutritional cereal there is on the aisle. It really does have almost 100% of your daily vitamins and minerals. BUT you need more protein than any cereal can offer so I'd pair it with eggs or turkey sausage or something of that nature.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    Kashi GoLean (original)...I eat it almost every day.

I usually don't eat Cereal but when I do, I eat this. :smile:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats is really the only acceptable "cereal". All other cereals are processed crap.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with peanut butter is the best. I also like Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran with almond milk. It tastes way better than it sounds.
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Porridge for me. Drizzled with a little maple syrup because its less calories than honey!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean (NOT Go Leean Crunch which is not as healthful) high protein & fiber & tasty! Don't worry about the "fiber twigs" listed on the box! Eat with skim soy/dairy milk and fruit.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i recommend 'alpen original' and good ole oatmeal
  • triplet34
    Options
    I love Bear Naked Fit Vanilla Almond. It is really filling and really low in sugar.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My new thing is .5 cup or organic oats in 1 cup of light vanilla soy milk ...top that with blue berries...very good and filling.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I eat Alpen Original if I know I'm going to have a big exercise day (really good for you, but high in cals, but I make up for it by using Almond breeze as milk 40 cals! {allergic to dairy})

Otherwise, I usually have a whole wheat english muffin with egg or peanut butter :)
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean (NOT Go Leean Crunch which is not as healthful) high protein & fiber & tasty! Don't worry about the "fiber twigs" listed on the box! Eat with skim soy/dairy milk and fruit.

I like a little go lean crunch in my Greek yogurt