Belly after child warning picture

Options
13»

Replies

• BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I would kill to have your tummy! Garlic extract in soft gel pills, chromium piccolinate sublingual, cajan, turmeric and cinnamon are all supposed to help with belly fat. I personally when i was young like you used the garlic and chromium and worked really well. I have since discovered as well easy sit ups...i was messing around with my stomach in front of the tv while sitting on my bed lol. I had been moving the 3 different sections of stomach muscles and started to feel a burn. This is how I do my sit ups. It has taken a lot of fat off the sides of my abs and I think im noticing now in front do I dare say.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I agree with Dexy as well you need to honor your body and just keep working on it I am starting belly dancing soon you should try that.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    i have never heard of Diastasis recti and saw the test of bending over im going to have to try this. I know when I had gall out i had a hernia i didnt know about.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    iow it bothers you but mine is all saggy and wrinkiy I need surgery yuck
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hah, thats nothing.. Mine is HORRIBLE!!! .. But, INSANITY is good for that, cardio and your abs are working the whole time!!!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would suggest 30ds, I am a mum of 2 (2yrs & 6 months) and saw a massive difference in my belly once I did it. I too now hold my weight around my belly and thighs, its so annoying! I find reverse crunches have helped a lot as well, my stomach is not flat yet but I dont have any overhang now.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio, my dear! It will take the weight off. Throw in some weight training & ab work. I can relate to your post-baby picture. And my baby is 12. You will be fine...slow & steady will get you results. Take care!
  • knay112
    knay112 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just MHO, you don't look 'fat' at all.
    I would do abs if I were you.
    Everything should work out.
    Good luck!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    There's a saying, "Abs are made in the kitchen." Exercise helps, of course. But eating a diet low in processed foods and simple sugars (candy, cake, etc, or pasta, white bread, etc) and more complex carbohydrates - whole grains, fresh vegetables, etc. along with "good" fats, seems to help.

If might be worth it to have a nutritionist look over your food diary.

At the same time, be patient with yourself. Remember to enjoy your achievements so far!
  • aliciawakka
    aliciawakka Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is a great post :).. my belly looks sort of similar after having my lil man 2yr ago. I am going to try the things people have posted. Thanks guys!
  • sexymewannabee
    Options
    I had my first baby when I was 18 and to my shock he weighed in at 11lb 13oz, and I had a c section - I remained fairly overweight since then, I had four more children all via c section (weighing 9lb 2, 8lb 4, 9lb 7 and 9lb) when my youngest turned 5 I realised that I had to do something about my weight.

My tummy is hideous and with out clothes I am extremely concious of it, I have lost around 50lb which to be honest has made it look worse, I had very bad stretch marks so has resulted in a wrinkly belly in addition to which my belly is crooked due to not being sewn straight after 5 sections.

However every day I pull on my huge bridgette jones style tight shaping pants and to the outside world I have now a flat tummy to die for! I wear them everywhere, even running my 10 ks.

its only me and my hubby that know they are there and my confidence is so much better with them, my point is I have 5 amazing children and body that looks like I have x I cannot change that without surgery, be proud of every little thing your bundle of joy gave you, even the lumps and bumps.

for those other moments where you want to feel all women! there are many things out there to distract the eye.

compared to mine your tummy is lovely x
  • fight_for_fitness
    Options
    Thanks hun! It just shows though I will never be the only one who hates their tummy. I think because I'm short it makes me look pregnant still. I just want to be confident with or without clothes I just don't have the confidence right now which is important for me. I did start the shred but my 5th day was on saturday so I'm going to carry it on today, I have nothing to lose, well in my case I do!!! :) I feel so much better now reading all your posts thanks xx
  • SheriRuth
    SheriRuth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly? That looks like stretched skin to me, not fat.
  • sexymewannabee
    Options
    I had no confidence for a long time, which made me not do anything, I thought losing weight would make me happy, and it has but I still struggle with confidence, I used to worry about fat bits and now I worry about saggy boobs and wrinkly belly lol

now I put on a very good bra and huge pants cover them in lovely clothes that I buy in a normal size and put my self out there, I walk out smiling and the world smiles back!!!

to start with I had to put on a front and pretend I was confident - remember even the most fit people with amazing bodies will have the bits they hate to.

we are all the same really, I have accepted what I have now and celebrate the good bits and ignore the bits that for me I cant change x x

I am still 169lb with a way to go , the wrinkles and sagging will get worse lol
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    Hey me too, I need to lose weight on my belly and Im finding it hard! x
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have diastasis recti after having 2 kids and apparently losing weight can make it worse (I know....). Have to say, I'd rather have your tummy than mine! :tongue:

Thing is, I looked on the web and found a lot of contradictory advice on the sorts of exercises you should do, which has made me worried about doing anything.

Anyway, I have been referred for physio, first appointment is at the end of this month, I'll let you know what they recommend.
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    Bump!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Guess where I was today...physio appointment!
    OK, so she said...no sit-ups, no crunches, don't use the abs machine at the gym. What I need to do is work the deeper muscles like transverse abs and obliques, NOT the six-pack muscles. Apparently my separation is mild (2.5 fingers), so exercise rather than op is the way to go (yessssss!).
    She's also recommended a DVD called Pilates for Mums which is approved by the UK Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Women's Health - apparently she's tested it with a few patients. Link to it on Amazon is here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=pilates+for+mums&x=0&y=0