finding it difficult to make time with an infant at home

Options
2»

Replies

• JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    I haven't read everyone's responses so sorry if I repeat. I would take him for a walk instead of the night time nap. If he falls asleep in the stroller bonus. Or look up Ergo carriers or Beco carriers and get one of those, then you add his body weight to you.

ETA-I nursed my son Maddox until he was 18 mos, and am still trying to lose weight. My doctor said only some women shed weight like crazy while nursing. Others are the kind that save and extra bunch in case of famine....I guess i'm part neandrathal (sp) and was waiting for the great flood lol
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    you mentioned earlier that with a 30 min walk and some laps you would have almost an hour. that is certainly sufficient. you don't need the hour to be all at once, it can be broken up.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the baby!
    and don't be so hard on yourself--or impatient. the first year is a HUGE adjustment, and my experience has been that it takes a minimum of 9mo to get your body back to "normal." But a year is more likely. And that you are breastfeeding--well, that has its own requirements.

I know you are ready to get rid of the poochy, but you have so much to focus on already.

Enjoy this first year of your little one--there is nothing else like it. :heart: If you can sometimes squeeze in bits of exercise, great. But if not, don't sweat it. Your body has enough work to do--taking care of baby, working, feeding baby. Just eat the best you can (as was said before). Each good food choice will make it easier to get the weight off when the time is really right. And drink your water.

I'm sorry that your partner is not there for you and the baby right now. I hope you both can find a way to successfully work out something. :flowerforyou:

Again, have fun lovin' up your little one. :heart: :heart:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Can you work anything into your routine, like by going to the gym before work or walking during lunch? What about doing something after your LO goes to bed? Have you heard of the 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels? It's only a 20 minute workout dvd, but it's hard! Also, I joined Weight Watchers when I was breastfeeding. They incorporate whether or not you are breastfeeding into the system. After I stopped breastfeeding, I came over here. That worked for me. :smile:

Stay determined. You'll find a way to make it work!!:flowerforyou: