MFP Protein Recommendations

Options
So I'm just curiouse my fellow female dieters....I am almost always way over protien in my food diary. I'm wondering if this is true for a lot of you and if this might hinder my wieght loss efforts. I do work out and lift wieghts as well. What do you guys think and what works best for you??

Replies

• usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm not female, but I'd suggest you check out what percentages of macronutrients MFP has set for you. If I remember right when I joined, I also was always way over on protein. I changed my percentages to the following to suit my goals:

Carbs: 50%
    Protein: 30%
    Fat: 20%

There is a lot of literature out there about recommended daily intakes, so I'd suggest doing some research to find what suits you best.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm not female, but I'd suggest you check out what percentages of macronutrients MFP has set for you. If I remember right when I joined, I also was always way over on protein. I changed my percentages to the following to suit my goals:

Carbs: 50%
    Protein: 30%
    Fat: 20%

There is a lot of literature out there about recommended daily intakes, so I'd suggest doing some research to find what suits you best.

i have also set up my goals this way
    it's safe to have more protein, some people say even 1g for 1lbs of body weight is ok
    i go with 0.75 g for 1lbs
  • Calvinsgrl1
    Calvinsgrl1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay I just found where to change this! Thank you :) I still would like to hear from some women who have 20 lbs to loose or who have lost this wieght on what they try to shoot for in their percentages Thanks!!
  • JagerQueen
    Options
    How do you change the settings? I am also having this issue! :)
  • Calvinsgrl1
    Calvinsgrl1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go under goals and switch to custom. Just go through and change the percentages. :bigsmile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    How do you change the settings? I am also having this issue! :)

Surprisingly, not under settings - it's under goals.

Yes protein should be 25-30%
  • JagerQueen
    Options
    Thank you!

I kept looking under settings :)