Magic Bullet Blender???

Options

Replies

• qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Does anyone have any smoothie recipies that they use with strawberries?
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have one - LOVE IT. The ice does need to be small, though, for it to crush. :)
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Love my ninja! Kills ice!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful for crushing ice!

I love my Magic Bullet, too. Great for individual smoothies, as you can just blend the entire thing in one single serving cup

Really awesome for pureeing vegetables to sneak them into sauces, too. And great for making salsas!
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't own anything but a Ninja. I didn't like my Magic Bullet. Ninja turns ice to snow in seconds.

I agree. My bullet crapped out in less than six months-always left the ice chunky. The ninja is amazing I use it every single day-for everything. My kids actually bought me the ninja pro blender for Christmas and it's even more amazing!

For the money, I'd definitely buy a ninja.
  • Firebird_Rising
    Firebird_Rising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Ninja. My wife and I love it! We've only had it for a few weeks, but for the $40 we got it for, it totally blows away the more expensive blender we used to have - no leaky seals to worry about and everything dishwasher safe!

And yes - fantastic ice/frozen fruit chopping too!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Love it, just wore my first one out and am using the $20 dollar one that I had stock piled away and it works just as well. I use mine everyday for smoothies and they are perfect for that.
  • sforgays
    Options
    I love mine as well, my wife and I use it 4-6 times a week for everything from smoothies, grinding spices to making salsa. It is convient for everything except making daiquiris.
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    I have had mine since they came out on the infomercial hubby thought it would be great, much to my disaproval on buyin it...:grumble: BUT I will never tell him this I LOVE IT ....lol As far as crushin ice it doesn't do well with tray ice if you buy ice by the bag like I do they are pretty small pieces and it does great with that. I have put everything and anything you can imagine in it...lol I use it the most with fresh fruits to make a spread for PBJ's :) or to mush up fruit for yogurt :)

Good luck with what ever you decide to buy!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    My blender just broke - arghhhh! I make a smoothie every day, sometimes I use it twice. I'm thinking of buying a Magic Bullet. Does it crush ice well? Anyone who owns one, I would love feeback before I go spend the money. Thanks!

I have a a Ninja and it works great! It doesn't have a personal sized container but does come with a pitcher.
    I have also seen some personal sized blenders at Walmart and places like that that have great reviews
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    I got a Magic Bullet blender, but it decided to return it. There were just too many PARTS! I mean, I have decent cabinet space, but it was hard for me to take up so much room for one appliance. I took it back and got a Cuisinart stick blender which I use for smoothies. I mostly use frozen fruit for the 'icy' part.
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've had mine for years and found it to blend pretty well. My cubes were getting crushed great, I wasn't putting more than 4 cubes in my smoothies though. I miss it, we moved and I haven't stumbled upon it yet. I agree with others that I love the single serving part and drinking it straight from the blender cup! But if you are looking to make more, get a regular blender.
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    I've gone through two Magic Bullets in the past five or six years with near DAILY use. They are GREAT and I feel as though I got my money's worth. My second one just broke about two weeks ago. The Magic Bullet is pretty powerful, so I'd have to be cautious with some things so they wouldn't turn to mush. We have temporarily replaced it with the GE Single Serve Rocket Blender because it was under $20 at Wal-Mart. So far, it works just as well as the Bullet.
  • LKissam
    LKissam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    we love ours.. hubby has one at his office, and we have one at the house... I use it for every thing i need to blend.. my kids love that you can drink out of the cup you blended in! It does have trouble blending ice and leaves chunks, but i started using frozen fruit instead and that works great! I also make salsa, guacc, and other healthy things like dressing that i only need a small amount of, and it has storage lids so you can store it in the cup!
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    I wouldn't own anything but a Ninja. I didn't like my Magic Bullet. Ninja turns ice to snow in seconds.

me too!!! and you can do so much more since it has a small and a large container
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have one but I don't use it much. My old Osterizer blender works much better.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've had my Magic Bullet for a while. LIke others said, it doesn't crush ice from trays very well, but does ok with ice from the store. That's what I buy anyway, since ice trays get on my nerves. Lol.

I like the Bullet because I can make a smoothie or shake really quickly then wash it out a lot more quickly than a blender. Also takes up less room on the counter, which is crucial cuz my kitchen is so tiny.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    i make smoothies in my bullet every morning! But I use frozen fruit, not ice.
  • stephfree3
    stephfree3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, all you Ninja lovers!!! Are you talking the Professional Blender or the Master Prep or the Kitchen System??? Getting confused here.