Anyone work with Kettlebells?

Options
I have a 20 lb kettlebell, and just did a few exercises....It reminded me how great it feels to work with it. Love it for the core. But you have to do it properly. I noticed there was no exercise for it posted. So it made me wonder if anyone else out there uses Kettlebell for their workouts, who has any tips for great exercises or websites...with a 20lb kettebell :)

Feel free to add me! I wanna be your accomplice!

Replies

• skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would love to learn some new exercises with a kettlebell. I have one but only know like 2 things to do with it :(
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Got a kettlebell for Christmas but haven't used it yet. Just purchased a heavier one along with a Jillian dvd.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump... got one.. but havent really used it yet.. would love to know more!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!! I do daily.. It took me a while to see that people here put "circuit training" as KB workouts! Thats how i log it now too
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I use them a few times a week, various sizes and exercises. I have a love/hate relationship with kettlebells. The workouts I do with them get my adrenaline flowing and I'm all fired up ready to kick someone's butt... haha I love how I feel afterwards and getting out of bed the next day can be a challenge.

I agree about proper form/use. If you are going to use them have someone trained show you what to do so that you do not injure yourself!!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Totally! have done some amazing workouts with those in my gym group classes.. but they dont have that class anymore :-(
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yes i just got one i use a bob harper dvd with it and i also have a Jillian Micheals shred it with weights i will us later they are great really sweat it out with it
  • down_ell_beez
    down_ell_beez Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try looking at crossfit.com they have a ton of kettlebell workouts with videos to show you proper form. Link directly to kettlebell section: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#KBs
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    oh there's so many things you can do with kettlebells - I too, have a love hate relationship with kettlebells but use them often.

Here's some ideas for ya - found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlaVxC6b47U&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3wI_M4J79A&feature=relmfu

good luck!!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love Kettlebells! Such a good workout and so much better than old-fashioned strength training (e.g. isolated exercises). Plus you can burn a ton of calories in a shorter workout.

Check out this link for a good basic workout: http://www.watchmojo.com/index.php?id=10396.

Enjoy!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to try this!!! So, I'll be reading along.
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me too...I'm a newbie.. I agree that I love how I feel afterwards, it really does make you feel like kicking *kitten*! haha. I just want to know more exercises to do with this thing. For now I just swing it back and forth....and I love that I FEEL my core doing it, not to mention my glutes and back getting stronger.

We should research the kettlebell exercise and the calories that come from doing the exercise and see if we can post a new exercise on the database. Ok, I will....;)
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks so much for the links to the KB exercises.

Duchess, if you have never tried it, you should...it feels awesome!!! (proper form always though!)
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    http://www.dragondoor.com/?gclid=CMa4rZ22za0CFVCR7QodmE0hiw

This website has a lot of useful info. We've purchased items/books, videos and kettlebells from here.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I work with a kettlebell a couple of times a week at least and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I use a heart rate monitor so I just log mine in manually but before I had my HRM I was logging it as circuit training. ( and btw I found I burn more than circuit training gave me credit for.)

Forgot to add: Definitely check out crossfit and I use JM Shred it with weights dvd. Looking into some of Bob Harper's as I hear they are fantastic.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do, I use two Dvd's that I found from a place in CA. My Body Strength.com They have a beginner/intermediate one that I love then outgrew a little. I let myself go so far down hill that I am back to using it again with a 35lb kettlebell and it is kicking my butt again. They also have a new advanced DVD that I tried but i need to be in better shape to do it.

I also have Steve Maxwell's 300 challenge kettlebell DVD, very tough. I got that one on Amazon.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have done some exercises from fitness magazines - you have to make a profile but check out womens health and other web sites for mags for a few free downloads. Also check Collagevideo.com for kettlebell workouts. I did one by Paul Katami published in Women's Health that was a really killer 15-minute circuit, and he has a couple of kettlebell DVDs. Also Amy Bento, I know, and a few others. I want to get more into it myself!
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lots of interesting sites to view... thanks all for the GREAT info on kettlebell work-outs!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells! Here is my fave. website for KB workouts! She rocks!

http://www.myomytv.com/