Ahhh!! Fell off the wagon....

Options
So basically, had been going well and had a minor slip on the weekend.

But then yesterday was having a totally crap day and it ended with me eating all this chocolate and today's been just as bad. So mad at myself right now and wondering if anyone has tips for staying on and also getting back into the groove (which I thought I had pretty well mastered).

:z Grrrrrrrrr............

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging. You'll get back to it.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We all slip whether it is chocolate or french fries ( my weakness) but you have to get back up and keep going. Log every thing you ate. Look at it. I did this and realize that the day I sliped I ate 2 days worth of food.. I keep the day in my mind and if I think about going for the large fries.. I know what it will look like... Log it! good luck you got this!!
  • eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    Totally agree with RedMuse and dls06...the only time we REALLY fail is when we stop getting back up and trying!

I also remember when I quit smoking, there was a website that promoted the "3 post rule" on its message forum. That is, whenever someone decided they were just going to smoke anyway, they were supposed to post it on the message board...and then WAIT for 3 posts before actually doing it. Usually, by the third post they found the encouragement they needed and/or the craving/urge had passed for that moment. Couldn't hurt to try something like that here as well!

Hang in there, and keep at it!